It is just my nature to get creative when it comes to birthdays.
I dreamt up Maddison's present when we were working at a NHS event back in October, and was so excited to finally make it! Maddison had said she loved some cookie/candy my mom made during Christmas time. I thought I would give her a tin of it for her birthday, but then thought, why not a chalkboard tin 'cake'?!
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you,
the chalkboard tin cake.
You will need:
3 different sized tins
Chalkboard paint
Chalk
Whatever you want for the inside!
Paint your three tins with the chalkboard paint and let dry. I let mine dry overnight.
| Great quality picture- not. |
Decorate with chalk (time to be creative!) The outside of the first one just said "Happy Birthday Maddison!", the middle was stripes, and the bottom was lyrics from some of our favorite songs. Then on the lid of the middle and bottom, I wrote what I would put in a card.
Fill with goodies. Put on lids, but not to tightly, as they are difficult to get on and off because of the paint.
| Because she always asks for gum... and she loves Starbucks, who doesn't?! |
| She has all sorts of uses for Vaseline! And fuzzy socks and hand sanitizer and body lotion are always useful. |
| White chocolate-peanut butter candies |
Stack, and if you'd like tie together with whatever you please. I used twine, but it fell off before I gave it to her, so it's not entirely necessary.
Beam with pride of your gift!
xo
Hannah
PS- This is perfect for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment