"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Humbug

via
Oh, the holidays! My favorite part of the year! I look forward to Thanksgiving to New Year all year long, and when it is here, I am so happy, I can hardly figure out how to express it! The house smells of fresh balsam, the trees are lit, the decorations are up, Christmas music is always on, it's snowy out I'm pretending it's snowy out since it's way too hot, cookies are always in the oven, Jasper has arrived, it is a magical time. But let's admit it, the holidays aren't always a bunch of cheer. 

Although I don't experience the same grievances parents and adults do, such as getting gifts and planning activities for the little ones, I do see the hardships of the season. Here's some from a teen's perspective.

  • It's only a week and half away from finals. EEK!
  • I need to get my Secret Santa stuff together for Friday.
  • Do I have an outfit to wear to The Nutcracker on Saturday night?
  • What should I get my parents?
  • Babysitting, babysitting, babysitting! Last weekend was the first time in over a month I didn't have a job! But this weekend, it starts back up- Friday night and Sunday afternoon.
  • Holiday parties- planning for my own, availablility for others, goodies and gifts.
  • I WANT TO WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES!
  • I just want to be done with schhhool!!!!

Although these all seem silly and juvenile, my mind is constantly going, thinking about them! High schoolers are just antsy and are DoNe! And those like me have a gazillion things to think about! How about we just are done with school, and have it snow so I can drink hot cocoa, go sledding, and watch Elf and Christmas Vacation? Sounds perfect to me.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment