They are truly the best. Let me give you a better idea why.
They make lemon meringue pies for dessert, after tea. So good!
They have so many (good) books.
| Shelves for traveling, reference books, classics, cooking, animals, nature, you name it! |
They drink Squash, the most delicious drink.
| It's like a citrusy water-based beverage that I could drink constantly. |
This is the inside of their refrigerator.
Healthy, yummy food galore!
| Oh, and when you ask the kids what they want for a snack they say fruits, yogurt, or veggies. I LOVE THEM. |
They also have a mini refrigerator just for drinks.
I love all the options!
They wear house shoes (aka slippers) all the time.
They taught me how to make cinnamon popcorn, the best popcorn.
They scrape off my car when they get home, after it snows outside.
They have some pretty cool things around their house.
| I adore this oven mitt. |
Their kids get into bed, with no arguments, whatsoever.
They are great little chefs.
| We made candy cane sugar cookies last night-- recipe to come. |
They leave sweet notes to their parents.
I also adore their children. J is very polite, and smart. We always make something in the kitchen (most recently, applesauce) and when I was tucking him in, I asked what he would like to make next time. He thought about it for awhile, and finally said that he would like it very much if I could show him how to cook a nice lunch for his birthday, in March. He was planning about four months ahead;) And he's reading David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Gosh I just love that!
And there's sweet G. She is an angel. It was 9:30pm and I had just come downstairs from tucking them in. I was loading dishes in the dishwasher and thought I heard a noise, but thought I was being paranoid since I have been since I watched "Paranormal Activity 3". I turned around though, and there was G, just standing there! Man alive, the girl scared me to death! As soon as I saw her, she just broke down, and started sobbing. She said she didn't want me to leave (prior to tucking her in, she had told me that 'she just loved when I came to babysit'). Bless her soul! She just wanted to be hugged, and coaxed. We watched the "tele" as she was nestled up as close as can be to me. Afterwards, we went and I read to her, again, as she cuddled closely to me. I love her to pieces.
They make me feel oh so appreciated, which is something that means so much to me. Last night, they gave me a precious Christmas gift. J painted the trinket box and G wrapped it up, and said she thought I would the store the gift card too.
The card was too darn cute.
I am so lucky to babysit for such a great family. They know how to make my day! I love them bunches!
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment