Today has been incredibly rainy. It makes me happier than words can describe; I simply adore the rain. I have taken advantage of the day by making a delicious breakfast of French toast and baked some chocolate zucchini muffins to snack on and share with friends. This weather is also perfect for listening to Christmas music! In my opinion, Christmas music is just too great to only be listened to in December! That's why I listen to it all year long:) Especially on grey rainy days! I meant to throw a Christmas in July party this year but it just didn't pan out. I will most certainly do it next year though! So instead, I decided it was finally time to blog about the amazing Christmas party that Isabel, Mackenzie, Ainsley, and I threw last year.
We learned a lot first of all. Planning parties is not for the faint hearted! We put so much energy and work into all of it but I am so happy with the results. We met in mid-November and wrote up some ideas of food we wanted, who we were going to invite, themes, decorations, etc. The number one thing we all agreed on was that we wanted this to be the classiest of affairs four high school girls could afford. We set a budget (that we stuck to! I think we went maybe $5 over budget. Go us!) and a date. Over the course of the next few weeks, we sent invites, shopped, did lots of crafting, and got super excited! We did MAJOR prep the night before and the day of. I swear, we never stopped. The night before the party, Isabel, Ainsley, and Mack were over until midnight and they were back over by 11 the next day and stayed again until midnight.
The party included a hot chocolate bar with lot of toppings, hor derv's, punch and sparkling cider, desserts galore, marshmallow toasting, a photo booth, an ornament exchange, and lots of chatter. Despite all the work, I'd do it all over in a heart beat.
Now for the best part... pictures!
 |
| Personalized glitter chalkboard mugs for every guest! |
 |
| Ratchet party prep outfits |
 |
| Hot cocoa bags to go! |
 |
| My sister and her friends |
 |
| Our lovely mothers |
 |
| "There'll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting..." :) |
 |
| Some senior friends! |
 |
| Loved these two since middle school! |
 |
| QTs |
 |
| We love these Mormon girls |
 |
| Hahaha yep |
 |
| Two cute BFFs |
 |
| Oh Olivia |
 |
| This describes a lot |
 |
| Exhausted by the end of the night |
 |
| Partners in crime |
 |
| Hostesses with the mostesses |
 |
| A very tired Ainsley at the end of the night |
 |
| Crazy pictures at the end of the night |
 |
| SO done |
 |
| xoxo |
 |
| Basically these next two pictures describe us |
And here's a video, of course :)
xo
Hannah
I'm crying for so many reasons. 1. because I miss Christmas so much and can't wait to throw another party and 2. because those last two pictures are so dang hilarious it's killing me. Also, just another example of how we're telepathic or something because about an hour ago I was reading my Christmas party blog post and majorly reminiscing.
ReplyDelete