"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Hate Creamy Nail Polishes

Want to know why everyone should have a blog? Well first off, it would be fun to read everyone's thoughts (well, mostly everyone's), but second of all, you can talk about whatever the heck you want. And if people don't like that, then so be it.

Today, I'm going to tell you all why I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE creamy nail polishes.

Creamy nail polishes? What the heck is a 'creamy' nail polish Hannah?

Because of my blog lovin', I read a few beauty blogs every now and then and stare and curse the girls who have the most perfect hair, makeup, and nails. Scratch that, the girls that can actually DO the perfect hair, makeup, and nails.

For me, beauty is important but I like to keep things simple.
1. My hair is naturally straight and thick, so straight is how it is styled. Heck would freeze over before I got up earlier than 6:28am to do my hair special.
2. My makeup takes 5 minutes or less. If it takes longer, I'm not interested.
3. My nails are 99.9% of the time painted. I don't do any special designs and crazy patterns, I like a simple clean manicure.

I digress. Back to why we're here. Because I HATE creamy nail polish. Thanks to my little beauty bloggers, I've learned all about nail polish consistencies and tips on how to get the best mani for each consistency.

When it comes to spring, it's all about pastels in the fashion world. We see flashes of bright oranges and corals as a tease for summer, but ask any little girl, and when you say spring, they think bunnies and pale pinks, lavenders, and yellows.

As a nail polish addict, I think the suckiest kind of polish season. Pastels, which I of course wear in the spring, are almost always a creamy consistency.

This year, I've had an affair with lavender. I went on the hunt to find the perfect shade, without it being too purply or too pinky. When I finally came across Essie's Go Ginza, I knew from the shade of it we were a match made in heaven.

Fast forward to when I decide to use it. It was definitely more like a match made by an online dating company with a 24-hour support line in India.

IT
HAD
A
CREAM
BASE.

Oh no Essie didn't. To say I was sad would be the understatement of Tuesday night.

I hate creamy nail polishes for a plethora of reasons. The top being...
1. They are a pain in the butt to clean up around the nail. They get all smeary.
2. It's hard to get even coverage because...
3. The first coat always sucks...
4. making the second coat always thicker than intended
5. They are messy to clean around the bottle too.
6. When a little is chipped, it's horribly noticable (at least to me!)
7. They get thicker much faster over time
8. They're crazy hard to photograph beautifully.
9. THEY'RE THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE POLISH WORLD'S BUTT.

So on Tuesday night, I painted my nails with the most careful hand and gentle stroke. I wondered more and more why I was even using a polish I loathed so much.
See what I mean when I say they photograph horribly?
And now that I'm all done, I still don't know why I chose to paint my nails with such a god forsaken polish. But my nails are painted, and peace in the universe can be restored. That's all that matters, right?

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment