"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, May 3, 2013

Food Adventures During Fifth

I contemplated titling this post The Fatties of Fifth, but chose a little classier name. But after you read this, I know what you'll be thinking. 

This semester, I have 5th period off and I love it. It's not exactly like 4th, where I was much more productive, but Mackenzie and I manage to make good use of our time.
By eating good food of course.

We have a few pizza places we love to go to, occasionally we get waffles or Corner Bakery, it varies. But both Mack and I have noticed how the hole in our wallet got a little bigger this semester;)

But so be it, I don't regret anything I eat. This past week we went a little crazy (ok not really crazy crazy but we ate a lot of food).

Tuesday and Thursday are now the designated go out days, as we're trying to limit ourselves.

Tuesday, we went and got Chicago-style hot dogs. And the best fries on this side of Lucent. And mini Cinnabons. And we were this close to getting donuts, but we had to get back to school so we could eat lunch with the rest of our friends <3 (and we were stuffed)

Thursday was quite the day. We were very international if I do say so myself.
We began with classic American food at Wendy's. Fries, a frosty, and strawberry lemonade. Along with some fun accents as we went through the drive thru twice.
#foodthreeway #weareadorable
Afterwards, we brought Jessica back to school, and headed over to this little French bakery/cafe we had noticed on Monday. There was SO many choices! I decided on the Le Sud and Mackenzie had Nutella stuffed French toast.

the Le Sud was good, however there was SO much prosciutto and it looked a lot like the inards to the cat I had been dissecting in anatomy (more about that later!). So I picked that off along with the tapenade, leaving olive oil, pesto, mozzarella, and tomatoes. It was pretty good, but I can't lie, Mack's was better.

It was massive!
Heaven
 After our French adventure, we hit up the Pho place next door to get some boba smoothies. The coconut is to die for, as they use coconut milk in them, not nasty fake coconut syrup. The pineapple is also amazing, as they use real pineapple juice versus fake pineapple syrup. I just love the taste of REAL food!
 #weloveboba #andmatchingnailpolish
The final international experience on our food adventure of Thursday was actually from the Pho place. There, we got lollipops. While I was in AP Euro, I noticed they were from Mexico! It just made our international day even more international!

Usually we don't cram in American, French, Vietnamese, and Mexican food in all on one day, but we are pretty skilled. As there's only 16 days of school left, and only about half of those are days with 5th period, it made me realize how much I will miss having 5th off with Mack. We have some pretty great times, listening to really good music, having really deep conversations, and above all else, eating really great food.

xo
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. can you tell jessica to trim her eyebrows thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. who wrote that about my eyebrows now im self conscious this is scary

    ReplyDelete