I am a month late for this and boy do I feel guilty. But it's only because I wanted this to be THE BEST BIRTHDAY POST EVER.
Let's see, where to start where to start. There's been this long standing discrepancy about me and Riley's first interactions with each other. When she moved here in 8th grade, all I knew about her was that she had to be at least partially smart because she was in Discovery language arts, and she had moved from California (false). She never once tried to talk to me, so I could only believe these things because it's what I had heard. It was very believable she was from California because she was mega tan and wore these purple shorts that
only Californians would wear. She claims I never talked to her in art, but I did. I remember. She never talked to me, and she never made an effort to sit at my table. So blame's on her.
But somehow, we did end up being friends in 8th grade ("Did we just become best friends?" "YUP!" Quick! Name that movie!) I distinctly remember putting her number in my phone, under her nickname, Valiant Grape Juice, as she put mine in her phone under Graceful Coke that Costs a Lotta Ca$h. Obviously only best friend type people would do that. And the rest is history.
Just kidding. Our first time hanging out was going to see Alice in Wonderland. Then she came to my birthday party (and was on my team<3) and we hung out over the summer. The camp out tradition started with her, she would probably like you all to know.
 |
| This just seems to describe 8th grade Riley |
 |
| babies |
 |
| some things never change |
 |
| model status |
 |
| flamingo status |
 |
| #jumpforyourlife |
Then came high school.
It's all a blur. Freshman year, sophomore year, junior year. I'll let the pictures tell the stories.
Brace yourselves, there's a ton.
 |
| Freshies and so fine |
 |
| Valiant Grape Juice <3 |
 |
| FASHIONISTAS |
 |
| retainer model status |
 |
| cancer patient model status |
 |
| jennifer |
 |
| riley |
 |
| QT. on her plate... potatoes and pasta. basically part of the riley diet. |
 |
| All we did for a while is jump in our pictures |
 |
| Rodent whisperer |
 |
| Her and her 20/15 vision... unlike me and my 20/500. Why is she so perfect? |
 |
| no comment |
 |
| winter clothes model status. fo real. |
 |
| #dahling |
 |
| Selfie queen |
 |
| Making peace |
 |
| Sunday night sleepovers <3 |
And then you know the nicest thing we did for Ri freshman year? We threw her the best surprise party ever. We planned for over a month and she sure was surprised!
 |
| I love this picture |
 |
| Torturing Mackenzie, the usual |
 |
| our childhood playground |
 |
| Tent putter upper- optimistic |
 |
| Tent putter upper- frazzled |
 |
| Tent putter upper- lost cause |
 |
| Doc Riley |
 |
| Lychee attack |
 |
| Seal and trainer |
 |
| Pet hotelin' |
 |
| #mancrushmonday |
 |
| bombin' |
 |
| summer lovin' |
 |
| Feed the birds.... |
 |
| Dancer extraordinare |
 |
| Riley threw something at me when I was on the zipline. that's probs why I broke my arm #gottasueher |
 |
| Brace buddies |
 |
| She really hates us |
 |
| HA! |
 |
| Slowly grwoing up <3 HAHAHA;) |
 |
| pooped pants status |
 |
| hair in the mouth status |
Oh Riley. A million pictures and we're still friends. So here's your 17 reasons.
17 Reasons Why I Love Riley
1. We help each other with physics <3
2. She has the nicest mom who makes the yummiest tacos.
3. She is the best soccer player ever! Varsity forever!
4. She doesn't know all the basic life skills. And I get to teach her, which I actually (SOMETIMES) enjoy.
5. She is basically my most loyal blog reader <3 <3 <3
6. She has an alter ego, Jennifer. And that's pretty awesome. ;)
7. For her 17th birthday, she let us make her up and take her to prom.
8. She is always there to text/call in the shower.
9. She is SO FUNNY. Even when people don't always get it at first.
10. She loves Grey's Anatomy almost as much as me!
11. Not only is she good at soccer, but she's great at tennis too. And all the other sports out there.
12. We usually get the same grades. Cuz we're twins.
13. Riley helped me laugh about breaking my arm;)
14. Riley recommends some hilarious movies.
15. Riley is very spontaneous. You never know when she's just going to show up at your house, or on your trampoline.
16. She is super fun to shop with for Secret Santa!
17. AND MOST OF ALL! I love Riley because she is honest, funny, smart, charismatic, valiant, sassy, and the most wonderful friend who's actually from Illinois a girl could ever meet!
I love you Riley and happy belated birthday!
xo
Hannah
PS- an extra special thank you for your patience! Wasn't it worth it?
It's very hard to capture all of the wondrous Riley's perfection, but you did a great job. #proud
ReplyDelete#stepbrothers
ReplyDelete