"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Summer Reflection

Tomorrow is the dreaded first day of school. As I reflect on the summer, I realize that it was truly the best summer ever, and as it comes to an end, I feel at peace.  I completely made use of every day, and am without one regret or "I wish I would have done this!".  I feel physically, spiritually, and emotionally nourished.

In preparation for cross country, but also for some mental clarity, I would try to go on a run every day. Did this happen? No way Jose, but my initiative for a healthier lifestyle truly payed off. When I didn't run, I would work out in some way shape or form. I ate cleaner, I slept better, and took charge of my health. That sort of improvement goes further than physical success.

I had me time, and in that time, I learned so much more about myself. I journaled like a mad woman this summer and I cannot express my love for writing enough. I am so happy I did journal, I know that one day, I will look back at my journals and their sacred meaning. Every morning and every night, it was nice to just stop, and reflect on the world around me, and how I was feeling. In those journals are the most honest Hannah you will ever find.

I made so many more relationships this summer as well, and have a whole new picture on friendship and what comes with it. From Europe to Girls Camp, so many new and wonderful bonds were created and I am so grateful. And with those friendships, I am reminded how lucky I am to have such a close group of friends. I saw a tweet just the other day of a girl saying she was jealous of the girls who have had a solid group of friends all through high school. It put into perspective how rare and precious it is that I am still best friends with the people I was best friends with as a freshman.  Love them all.

I feel like this summer was really big for me spiritually, and that my relationship with Heavenly Father was perhaps most strengthened. There are no words to describe my joy for this.

Overall, this summer was more than I could have asked for. Here's some of my favorite memories...
oh that first day of freedom
the most precious girls
taylor swift!
a sisterhood always together <3
berlin
gelato<3 ...and the day we payed over $20 for water


i left my heart in budapest
crazy nights in krakow (with more gelato)
night hikes in hungary
pulling an all nighter is worth it when you have good conversation
classical music concert <3
europe europe europe
girls camp with my soul sister, bestest friend ever


D&C gang foreva
snipe hunting!
wonderful family time in kauai
such beauty
just the wettest spot on earth, nbd

morning runs that ended with breakfast and my fave show
x -factor live!

outdoor movie fun
quality cousin time
nighttime adventures
love her to pieces
oh how i love us
the coolest people you will ever meet


Thanks for such wonderful wonderful memories, summer 2013. I will never ever forget you.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment