I am a majorly sentimental person. Memories make up my world, and the past has helped to make me who I am today. As I walk through the halls these days, it's weird to be the oldest. At first, it was almost unsettling not having the 'seniors' there. You become so accustomed to having the class above you be the bigs, that when it's your turn to be the leaders, the oldest, the big people on campus, it's surreal. Memories of the past comes back in bits and pieces, and I love it when they do.
For me, I equate smells to certain eras of my life/memories.
Love Spell from VS... the last day of middle school
Sheer Love from VS... the first day of high school
Juniper Breeze from BBW... my grammy
Enchanted Orchid from BBW... a trip to Virgina a few years back
Simply Breathtaking from VS... Europe 2013
Tonight after my shower, I was digging for a lotion in my overflowing basket of bath soaps, lotions, and body sprays and grabbed a bottle of Dark Kiss from Bath and Body Works.
And the emotions came rolling.
Dark Kiss IS freshman year.
I remember the first time I smelled it. I was homecoming dress shopping with Kylee, Hannah, and Kianna. We stopped at BBW in the mall, and Dark Kiss was the new scent, and they were making a big old deal about it. I remember Hannah saying how she totally thought it was called Dark Kiss after all the vampire movies that were out. (she was probably right!) I thought the smell was overpowering at first, but slowly fell in love.
When I smell Dark Kiss, I see silly freshman us. Awkward, but blooming. Spamming each other's Facebook walls, listening to Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" album, obsessing over ridiculously priced Coach shoes, eating frosted animal cookies, making our way through the crowded halls and the maze of school. We had Spanish tutoring on Tuesday nights, lots of sleepovers in Hannah's basement, watched Grey's Anatomy like it was our job, edited the heck out of our pictures on Picnik, loved Jugassa (aka the hottest guy ever) and had no idea how much harder, but wonderful life would get.
 |
| we were obsessed. |
 |
| crazies at jump street |
 |
| like my edit?;) |
 |
| the more edits the better |
 |
| 15th bday party |
 |
| homecoming dress shopping for the first time... and now it's almost time for our last time to shop |
 |
| BABIES |
 |
| i can't tell you how many pictures i have like this from sleepovers |
 |
| we were hawaiian punch for halloween, so cute |
 |
| target+self timer=the best pictures you could ever get (ps ignore whatever im doing) |
 |
| study breaks before our first finals |
 |
| the spanish six |
 |
| hmm, where do we like the shop? |
 |
| makin' fortune cookies for miss riley's surprise party |
 |
| s.u.r.p.r.i.s.e.! i just love this |
 |
| The Locker <3 |
 |
| my first high school dissection... it fueled my fire |
It's crazy how much we've grown and changed. Time is flying by too fast. If I only I could only hold on to it all forever.
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment