"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Boys

Boys. What a silly concept. A silly concept that my friends and I struggle to understand. But I guess you could say we're finally trying to, I mean we are almost 18. It has been quite the experience.

On Friday night, I had a sleepover with my best friends 5eva. We haven't had a sleepover since homecoming, so this was long overdue. They came over and we were all giddy to be together, the five of us, outside of school! We may all have some of the same off periods, but nothing compares to how great it is to be together and free of everything!

The night began running an errand. More on that later because it deserves a post of it's own. Afterwards, we got Icees and came back to hang out in the basement. Some talking and eating followed, but then Jess wanted to play Last Word, a game that she failed at big time when we were tailgating. However, we had only got the game board out before we changed our minds and our crazy evening began.

The winter formal, aka Sadies, is only three weeks away and a certain one of us has been hanging out with a boy and a invite to the dance was necessary. We all began to brainstorm ideas on how she could ask him, and then Marianne had to intervene. ugh. She said it wouldn't be fair to make one of us ask a boy and told us we couldn't come home until we all had dates. I think she didn't think we could do it, so really we were determined to prove her wrong!

A look at Sadies past...
freshman year- holy crap that's a lot of people. And people with baby faces
Sophomore year our date was Larry the Cable Guy
Junior year- we're always a party
 Our first mission was to go to McDonald's. Riley was going to ask Evan by telling him there was an emergency at the park and that he should come. Upon his arrival, she would give him a packet of Emergen-C and say this is the emergency, then give him McDonald's (his favorite, blech!) with Sadies? written on the bag. That plan did not quite go as planned! After we go the McDonald's and were waiting at the park, he said his parents wouldn't let him go. In the end, we went to his house, Riley basically texted him "come out I'm asking you to Sadies" and then he was able to break out of his house and say yes!
SO CUTE
After our first success, we headed to the grocery store to pick up supplies for the next askings. After lots of different ideas, Mackenzie decided to ask Brenden in a very creative way. Since I went to homecoming with Brenden, we bought a can of sloppy joe mix. We had him meet us at Sonic, but he got there early so that wasn't the best but we made the best of it! He got out and here's exactly what Mack said (hahahhahahaha!!!!) "I know you took my best friend to homecoming, but can I be your sloppy seconds and go to Sadies with you?" Is that not the funniest, most creative thing ever? Brenden totally has that sense of humor and said yes! 2 down!
action shot by riley
hilarious!
and here's the best part- our group text with brenden!
And then it was my turn. I decided to ask Jimmy, and it happened to be Friday so we had a great plan. We would tie it in with "Flashback Friday" and reference when we went to homecoming together freshman year. We made a pit stop at Mackenzie's and did some quick crafting and got the picture ready. Jimmy is Mackenzie's neighbor and the fastest, most eager person in the world so when we called him and asked him to come outside, we were not expecting him to come out faster than we could get ready! Jess was going to flash her headlights through the sign (haha flashback right?) but we didn't have proper time to set up so we just rolled with the punches.
another great action shot
my wing women
look everyone i got myself a date!

Jessica unfortunately will be interviewing for a full ride scholarship at SIU the weekend of the dance, where she'll be going to school in the fall, so she can't come :( And Sierra is asking a boy soon! We made it home around 12 and in three hours, had secured three dates. I guess you could say we're impressive;)

xo
Hannah




2 comments:

  1. Wow we had so many friends Freshman year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha that was exactly what I was thinking when I was looking at pictures!!

    ReplyDelete