At some point in my life, I'd really like to try doing a Whole 30 (where you eat no processed food/junk for a whole month). Or just become a better eater. I've always enjoyed healthy foods but in times of boredom, I catch myself eating junk. Today, Brandon, Olivia, and I shared some fries after school but I honestly felt really disgusting after eating them. I was still hungry for a little something but I didn't want to fill up before dinner. I decided to whip up a smoothie!
Here's what I used...
 |
| peach greek yogurt// 1/2 cup oj// 1/2 banana in smoothie, 1/2 as toppping//5 frozen strawberries//3 ice cubes//1/4 avocado//1 tbsp peanut butter// 1 tsp chia seeds// 1 tbsp coconut oil (not pictured) |
I usually add a big handful of spinach or kale but we were out. :( I follow a really great healthy eating account on Instagram (@eating_whole) and she had been talking about putting avocado in her smoothies. I gave it a whirl today and am happy to report that it was great! All the nutrients and benefits of avocado in a sweet smoothie! I will for sure do it again! I also added a tablespoon of coconut oil. Coconut oil is all the rage lately and has tons of health benefits. And you can basically do ANYTHING with it. Seriously, just google it or search on Pinterest.
My favorite things about smoothies is you literally throw anything in and it's good. My favorite things to add are peaches, blueberries, cranberries, and a little piece of ginger. When it comes to fruit, the smoothie is much thicker (which I prefer) with frozen fruit so I try to freeze my fruit ahead of time, or buy frozen fruit.
I blended all my ingredients up today and poured it in a bowl, topped it with some granola, bananas, and chia seeds. I ate it with a spoon and only managed to get a little on my white scarf;)
So simple and so delish! Enjoy!
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment