"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, January 20, 2014

My Extraordinary, Ordinary Life


Ever since I saw the preview for "About Time" back in September when I saw "The Spectacular Now", I have known that it was a movie I would love. First of all, it has Rachel McAdams in it. It's impossible to go wrong with Rachel. Two, it was made by the same people as "Love Actually" and "Notting Hill", two of my favorite movies ever. I anxiously waited for it come out in November. However, it was one of those underpromoted movies that was only there for a few weeks with very limited show times. I have no idea how it did not generate more publicity because it was one of the most well-crafted movies I've seen in a while. Today, I decided I absolutely had to see it and searched around for it finding it on a *cough illegal website cough*.

And for the rest of the day, it has been replaying in my mind. It was a romance, but not overly puke-in-your-mouth romantic. I actually think a boy might be able to sit and enjoy it. It was real. Raw, honest, and inspiring. Sure, we can't actually travel back in time, but that's the point. The message is to live each day to the fullest. Yes, it seems cliche, but the movie does a great way of presenting this idea in an original way. Each of our lives are rich and opulent- you just have to see it that way.

Make time for what you love and who you love the most. And of course, make use of your time and see "About Time".

xo
Hannah

PS: I also really loved this movie because of the love, marriage, children aspect which is all I dream of in life so there's that too ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment