"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014

Happy New Year!!! I cannot believe it's 2014. This year is going to be a big one for me, probably the biggest yet. I graduate high school (whhhhaaaattttt) and will be going to college in the fall. When did I get old enough for all of this?! There's so much to do, so many decisions to be made, but it's all so exciting and through it all, I want to love it and find the joy in it. With all the amazing memories that 2013 brought, I cannot wait to see what 2014 brings.

This year, I rang in the New Year with Mackenzie and three babies. Yep, it was a party! Back in October, my third grade teacher, one of my most favorite people in the world, asked me to babysit her sweet little daughter on NYE as she would be getting married! To make matters more exciting, she would get me (and a friend!) a room at the hotel in Downtown Denver where the wedding was at so we could spend the night with her baby and avoid the drunk drivers. Oh yeah, and her 2 month old nephew would need to be babysat too! If there's one thing Mackenzie and I love, it's babies! So this could not be more perfect for us. Plus we got to go to the wedding, an added bonus!

During the day though, Mackenzie, Jessica, and I explored Downtown Denver. We had lunch at Chili's and went shopping, while taking in the city air. It was a ton of fun!

Mack and I then went to the hotel to get ready and begin our babysitting. Riley and Sierra were going to be going to the wedding so we got to see them too which was pretty awesome. We got the little girl, McKenna, ready and then went down to the ceremony. It was beautiful:) Afterwards, we picked up the second baby, Caden, and Mackenzie and I began our night of teen motherhood. Earlier, someone actually thought McKenna was one of ours so there's that.  I wish I had a picture of us all dressed up, pushing these big old strollers! It was too funny. Once we got to the room, we put on our PJs and got the babies ready for bed. That itself was quite the adventure. We spent a lot of time sitting in the bathroom with Caden while the McKenna was going to sleep in the room. After we got him asleep (haha in his stroller, in the dark bathroom), we went to eat the Chinese food we ordered for dinner. We had to eat the food with baby spoons because the restaurant forgot to give us forks. #momlife Sierra's little sister came and slept in our room once she fell asleep at the wedding. So Mackenz and I sat in our pitch black room, watching "New Year's Eve" until midnight. We drank water out of champagne glasses and watched the fireworks that were right out our window! We were exhausted though. By 1:30am, Caden and Avery had been picked up and we could finally go to bed. Oh but only until 6am, when McKenna woke up. Luckily she went back to sleep at 7am until 9am. I would have died if she stayed awake! After she was picked up at 10:45, Mack and I (who are now rich because of the job) went and grabbed some breakfast at Corner Bakery. It's pretty funny how dead downtown is New Year's Day. I came home and watched movies all day and slept;) It was a great New Year's!

Here's a little video of our New Year's!



ugh so cute
fact: babies will chew on ANYTHING

do you see the chub on this kid?!

oh sweet baby love. this is what heaven looks like friends.
#turnt #teenmoms

 I can't wait to share my word for 2014 and some resolutions!!

xo
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment