"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, January 31, 2014

Every Day is the Best Day

I know it sounds so cheesy and so cliche but I've really been working hard on making everyday a great day. There is only 65 days school days left until I graduate, or 111 days including weekends and breaks and days off. As thrilling as that is, it makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. SO much is going to happen in those 111 days. So many things that are going to change everything. I sit back and think of my wonderful days of high school. I can't help but cry when I write this because high school truly has been a great experience for me. Over these past four years, I have navigated my way through the ups and downs of life, becoming more and more me. I have made some of the closest bonds that will never be replaced. I have made millions of memories that I savor everyday. I often walk down the hall and really try to take it all in. I look at everyone I pass, taking in their faces. I look at the walls and the wings and pretend it's my first time in the school and try to take everything in but with a new perspective. 65 days isn't a lot. I've been in high school for over 600 days. So as I embark on these last 65 days, I want to make everyday the best day.
When I drive to school in the morning, I drink a cup of coffee. I'm not a big fan of hot coffee (iced coffee for lyfe) but I really, really need the caffeine. That instantly gives me a little kick. As I make the 1.5 minute from my car to the building, I give myself this little internal pep talk: This is going to be the best day ever. No matter how tired you are. No matter how much seemingly pointless work you do. No matter what grade you get on a test. No matter how much homework you have. No matter how long the day may seem. There's not many more days left. You won't see these people forever, so don't let them bug you. You won't get to see and be with your best friends everyday, so cherish your time with them. You won't always have the comfort of knowing your teachers so well, so make sure to appreciate that. Take it all in."

Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds but that is my most honest thoughts that I think every morning.  I try to think of all the good that will come and smile. I am in charge of my day and it's really my choice if I'm going to let little things make or break it.

I encourage you to choose to make everyday the best day. Take charge of your destiny, see the good, whatever cliche saying you want to think of, I hope you make it a great day. It's 24 hours that you don't get back. What will you do with it?

xo
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. a) I almost cried I love this and I just cant believe there's only 65 more days!
    b) I kid you not I was just about to write a very similar post about making every day a good day! We always have the same thoughts

    ReplyDelete