I'm sure all of you are so, so, so sick of hearing about this. I'd apologize but this was one of the pinnacle events that has occurred in my 18 years of life, so I think I should love, celebrate, appreciate, and reminisce about it as much as I can.
Exactly one year ago, I was in heaven (read heaven as Europe). To be more exact, I was in Vienna. I was really hot and sweaty and tired but also so happy. I had been immersed in European culture for the past week and a half, soaking it all in, wishing it would last a little longer. Everyday, I ate my weight in gelato and walked it off as I explored foreign cities with some of the best teenagers you will ever meet. I took thousands of pictures of the most breathtaking views and architecture, looked like a tourist while trying to act like a local, ate food I had never had before, heard some of the most beautiful languages, forged new friendships, became accustomed to small living, stayed up late and woke up early, and journaled about all that I was experiencing.
Those days I spent in Europe were some of the most glorious days in my life. I miss it all with every part of me. I did not only gain memories, but perspective on how the world is such an extraordinary place and there is so much out there. I know that this trip was my first of several European excursions and I dream about all the other places I have yet to explore.
Today I'm recalling all those great times I had by reading my travel journal (which you can read by clicking the "Europe" tag at the bottom of this post). Here's a few photos to help you get all nostalgic with me. :)
 |
| We were SO excited! |
 |
| Berlin// The gallery of the Berlin Wall |
 |
| Berlin |
 |
| Berlin//Holocaust Memorial |
 |
| Berlin//The Brandenburg Gate |
 |
| Berlin |
 |
| Berlin//The 1936 Olympic Stadium |
 |
| Dresden |
 |
| Prague |
 |
| Prague//St. Vitus Cathedral |
 |
| Prague |
 |
| Oświęcim//Auschwitz |
 |
| Oświęcim//Birkenau |
 |
| Krakow//Schindler's Factory |
 |
| Krakow |
 |
| Krakow |
 |
| Krakow//This city is SO underrated! |
 |
| Krakow |
 |
| Krakow |
 |
| Budapest//My favorite place in the world |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Budapest |
 |
| Vienna |
 |
| Vienna |
 |
| Vienna |
 |
| Vienna//Even though I was so hot, man was I happy. |
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment