"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Sisterhood

To my friends... you mean the world to me.
I really hate growing up. I love being a kid. Well, I'm hardly a kid anymore it feels like. Sure, it will be great one day to be grown up and responsible for everything, but for now, I'm okay. 

I'm a junior in high school. I only have two more years at home. Two more years. I still remember two years ago crystal clear (it was actually freshman homecoming week...Toga Tuesday). Soon, my friends and I will be parting ways, which seems ridiculous, because right now, in the grand scheme of things, they are one of the biggest things in my world, and one of the most important things. It's hard for me to grasp that in two years, I won't have them at my side, from at least 7am to 3pm, at least five days a week. You never really realize how much your with them... until your not. 

Recently, on one of the CDs in my car, this song came on. I usually skip over it, but took the time to listen to it. Then replayed it again and again. 
 These Days -- Chantal Kreviazuk
I feel like this a song any girl can listen to, and think of her best friends. The ones you laugh with, cry with, sing and dance with, do anything and everything with. These friends, are the best friends in the whole wide world, and once you find them, you never want to let them go. You feel like you can't live without them, because no one will ever be the same. 
These lyrics really got me:
"There's four roads to anywhere
Four ways to everything
We were unbreakable
We spoke our destiny
Let's take a moment out
Go were we never go
Let's make a new world now
 

Where we can wear each other for awhile
I'll lend you my tears if I could borrow your smile
We'll get through tomorrow somehow today
Happy After...

Once upon these days
 
Then one day we'll find
when we're looking back at this time
Wondering how we've come so far from this
When we close our eyes"

I knew this song was from the movie, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". I read the first book a few years back and loved it, so thought, why not watch the movie too. 

It. was. phenomenal. It was realistic, and relatable. It reminded me of me and my friends. Each girl showed shades of my friends and their story was true. I felt like my friends and I could very well experience the same thing. It made me want to go to a store and find a pair of jeans that fit all seven of us, and we could trade them over time.
Their sisterhood reminded me of my own.

"Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things... and making those count for more than the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it... and that's all we can ask for."

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment