"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, September 27, 2012

World's Best Friend

Back in March, Jessica introduced us to the fabulous show, Kid Nation. It is amazing. It's a show from 2007 on CBS about 40 kids living for 40 days without any kids in a desolate Wild West city. The kids survive, and learn to thrive, but there is of course a few bumps in the road along the way. Jessica loves it so much that her birthday party was based on it. (And that, as we all know, was the most memorable party ever!)

Jess' favorite person on the show is Greg Pheasant, who at the time was 15, and the oldest contestant. She loves this guy, LOVES him.

So back in May, Sierra and I stirred up an idea that would make us Jess's best friends, forever.

On July 20th, Sierra and I went to Michael's, got a blue bandana (Greg was in the blue district) and looked up Greg's address. Creepers much? Yeah.:) We mailed it off with a nice little letter, and an envelope addressed back to me, all ready. In the letter, we wrote that Jess' birthday was in August, and if we could have it back in the beginning of the month, that would be perfect. When August 10 came, we still hadn't gotten the package back. 

Last night, my mom told me a package had come in the mail for me, but she had no clue what it was. Honestly, I had forgotten about the bandana. I was hoping for a gift from a distant relative or something real cool, but was even more surprised and excited to see THE envelope! I was screaming and jumping around, it was the best moment ever!!! I called and called Sierra, but got no reply! I ripped open the envelope to reveal this...
"Work hard, play hard". That my friends, is a Jessica expression. We didn't even tell him to write that. Can you say perfect?

Finally, Sierra called me back and I told her I would be at her house in 10 minutes. I drove as fast as I could in the pouring rain and showed her! We screamed and showed it off to all her brother's friends. Man alive, we were excited.

We devised a way to give it to her and were set! The bandana was folded back up and put in the envelope (so we had proof that it had really come from Reno, NV) and ready for her to open, and scream over!

Finally, this morning, at 7:30am, Jess got the package of her dreams.
Yep, we brought her to tears. I think it's safe to say Sierra and I are now Jessica's favorite best friends.

xo
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment