"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sunrise

Last week, Mackenzie and I got wild and went on a sunrise excursion. I'd call it a sunrise hike but the hiking was quite minimal. Riley and Sierra had mentioned how they were going on one and instantly, pictures popped into my head. I knew I just had to do the same because sunrise pictures (and sunset pictures) are a favorite of mine. I'm pretty sure Mackenzie was thinking the exact same thing. We talked about it and decided to go! Since we did a sunset hike at Daniels Park, we figured a sunrise hike would be magnificent there as well. We slept for about two and half hours (whoops) and were up at 4:30 to go be amazed. We dressed quickly, grabbed our cameras and some coffee and were off!

Of course, we had to listen to this song on the way:

When we arrived, we were blown away by what we were seeing. On one side of us the moon was up, bright for only a matter of minutes. On the other side, the burgeoning sun was starting its assent. I took a panorama on my phone and it's one of my favorite pictures to date. I just love that both the sun and the moon are in the same picture. Such a breathtaking sight.

As tired as we were, it was still a wonderful time. Nature has such a way of bringing peace.
The moon on one side...
The sun on the other. 
I thought that the cloud layer was SO cool
Pretty pink cotton candy clouds










Slowly the moon fades away


"And with the sun, I am one"

Golden hour

The thick morning haze

We grabbed an early morning breakfast at Village Inn (we were the youngest people in there by at least 25 years haha) and then promptly went back to sleep. I hope to do this again before summer is over. There is nothing like waking up with the earth.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment