"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, July 7, 2014

Slowly, and then all at once.

It's pretty incredible how one book or one movie or one song can make you feel so much, think so much, and reflect so much. The Fault in Our Stars is one of those books and movies that leaves a lasting impression on anyone that comes across it. Personally, I believe it's a pivotal book that will be one of the triumphed young adults of our time. It's one that will be read for decades to come. A while back, I read the book and like most would agree, it was pretty unforgettable. So when I heard that it was going to be made into a film, with the author's help, I was ecstatic. I think that turning a book into a movie is a delicate art that often is unsuccessful. The book is always better, yes, but we all still want a great, similar movie! And The Fault in Our Stars delivered in a way that is rare.

I watched just about every trailer and behind the scenes feature I could before seeing this movie. I was so excited that I would get a knot in my stomach when I thought about the movie (how bad is that?) I love the love in this movie so unbelievably much. While some might think it is unrealistic, I do not agree. It is real, while the situation may vary for everyone. Some may find this love when they are young, some when they are old, but it's one that teaches a lesson-- life is a precious gift and we are meant to live it with as much zeal as possible. The love in this movie is not limited to romantic love, but friendship love as well. Gus and Hazel's love is beautiful, but the love that is shed between the friendship of Isaac and Gus is just as brilliant. Love stories always get us feeling some special way, but this one is one of my favorites. It's most certainly a result of John Green's magnificent writing. 

"I fell in love with him the way you fall asleep... slowly, and then all at once." 
                         If that doesn't describe falling in love, I sure as heck don't know what else does. 

(I could continue to recite my favorite quotes but I don't feel like typing 99% of the book ;))


Sooo, I saw the movie three times. Two of the times were in the duration of twelve hours. I have to say that it was the best book to movie adaptation I have ever seen. Only very minor details were left out so no one could be too upset. 

I have to admit though, I did not cry. But when I think back on it, I didn't cry any of the times I read the book. It's strange because I can be pretty emotional. I was so sad, do not get me wrong, I just never balled, like I expected. 

When I went with Amanda, we got crafty and had tshirts and everything. It was a great time, even if we left the theater a little sad.

Only a little excited

Okay really excited


One of my favorite parts of the movie (besides all of it!) was the music. It was spot on perfect! Here's some favorites.



 









I sure do hope you treated yourself to this book and movie. It's not one you want to wait to come to Redbox- it's worth the overpriced movie ticket and snacks!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment