"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bonanza! Part 3

The usual went on- pizza, music, talking, laughing. We were doing our same old thing and soon we were ready for the zipline! That's probably one of the best things about Jess's country. :) On went the shoes and we went running down the hill!
Watchers, smart girls;)
 So much fun!
You go Sierra!
Take note on how to properly stop
Kylee!
My fave of Sierra!
So all was happy and dandy as we zipped through the forest... then this happened. ;)
Priceless face of fear

Can't slow down!
Shoot, there's a tree!
This isn't good
And now we fly!
My personal favorite ;)
Break!
"guys, I think I need to cry!"
Man alive, that zipline goes FAST! And slowing down is not always an option. ;) Basically, I could have hit my head or fallen down. Or stopped correctly. ;) I'm pretty sure I hit my head because I know I blacked out. It was probably the funniest accident ever. I don't know who was there first, but I know Sierra had the camera, Riley was doubled over laughing and I couldn't look at her without laughing, Mackenzie, Kylee, and Maddison went into mother mode, and I don't really remember what Jess was doing (sorry Jess). I knew something was broken, my wrist was swollen FAST and
I have never had such pain! I was in shock, my teeth were chattering and I wasn't quite there. Since we had got Jessica's family to leave, we had to call them and let them know to come home, as well as my mom and dad. We sat at the picnic table as the mothers talked to my parents, got Motrin, ice, and a pillow.

Again, priceless faces

Jess's mom drove down the mountain fast and we made it to the hospital in 20 minutes flat! At the hospital, I was in the stage of shock where I laughed like a dang hyena for hours. 
Maddison came with me. :))
We finally got a room!
I broke my ulna and radius- the ulna is a clean break but my radius is pretty messed up, basically shattered. We're waiting to see if I'll need surgery (I hope not!) but they splinted me that night and I got a cast on Monday.
Broken bones
Hot doc (actually, he was a nurse...)
Jess's mom and my mom put this on me, cuz I'm a fall risk;)
Friday night fun in the ER!
Soon the shock wore off and I was in SO MUCH pain! But my wonderful friends came to visit me the next day, with flowers, balloons, and the funniest card EVER!
Aren't we gorgeous?
That's me flying off the zipline in the top left corner;)
It was definitely the birthday party NO ONE will forget! I loved every minute of it. :) It was truly the best way to finish summer!

xo
Hannah

ps- this is the reason why I haven't been posting this week, typing is super difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment