"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, August 27, 2012

One Thing at a Time

Ick... the dreaded Monday. This morning I woke up just flat out negative. I was tired, and really did not want to go to school. I had my "I hate school, all I want is summer and laziness" hat on for sure. I complained my way through the morning, as my to-do list got longer with tons of homework and not enough time. During 4th off, Kylee and I were discussing how it felt like we never seemed to catch a break. Then she said something to me; "I'm just taking it one thing at a time". All through 5th period, her words lingered with me... one thing at a time. 

In the locker room, as I was stressed trying to change with one arm and preparing to awkwardly ask one of the girls to tie my shoes (I am so dependent on others), I was also thinking about how I was still unclear about the math material we would be quizzed on tomorrow, how long the physics reading and notes would take, what I was going to do in my afternoon classes, if my sandwich would be soggy at lunch,and all those others small thoughts, I stopped and thought about one thing first. I needed to clear my mind from everything else and focus on getting my tennis shoes on. Just that one thing. As the day continued, that was my mentality. Be in the present, not worrying about the future. 

When I got home from school, I was again drowning in thoughts. My plate was very full and I needed to slim it down. I broke my list down- Spanish first. Once that is done, think of what should be next. Math. Study and review for an hour. Dinner. Bring siblings to various places as Mom goes to Back to School Night. Sing in the car with Olivia. Begin physics reading and notes. Read AP Euro. 

By the time I started to read AP Euro, it was 9 and my goal was to be DONE by 9. If I took notes, I would be up until midnight working. I talked myself into ONE THING AT A TIME, and decided to annotate, and take notes tomorrow. I was done by 10. New priorities, one at a time.

Take off toe nail polish. Shower. Paint toes. 
And Liv painted my fingers last night, a priority
 Get ready for bed.
Being ok with the mess
Listen to Christmas music.  

Bed.
 

Just one thing at a time.
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment