"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peaks, Pits, Praises, and Prayers

As I was perusing Pinterest, I saw this AWESOME idea and thought it would be the perfect weekly blog post.

Here's a description:
Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers
1. Peaks of the Day: The highlights. The good moments. Something overall positive that happened during the day. 
2. Pit of the Day: The low point of the day. But, rather than just complaining about it, a way that looking back at it can be positive or a blessing in disguise.
3. Praise: Simply praising God for specific things that happened.
4. Prayers: Prayer requests that may have arose from the new day or that have been lingering. 

What a wonderful, optimistic way to look at each day! So here's my new goal (hold me to it lovelies!)- once a week, post a PPPP and truly reflect. This is something I feel I need to do and I can understand my purpose better through this.

So here we go! My first one!

Peaks- No quiz in physics, being able to do some exercise in strength instead of just watching!, lunch with friends (always makes me happy), fun times in AP Euro (love Mrs. J), Snapple peach teas
Pit- I went to get my car washed and the wash wasn't working. :( But Brandon and I were still able to get treats. :)
Praise- I thank Him for such a wonderful day! It was one of those ordinary, amazing days. For letting me button my own shorts, for hitting all the green lights on the way to school, for understanding physics, for laughing about my crash, for coming home to my bed made by my wonderful mother. 
Prayers- Today I go to see if I need surgery on my wrist and I'm praying not, prayers for little Haven Belle, safety tomorrow night (a whole other, EXCITING! post), safe hunting trip for my dad and uncles.

Well that's it! A small, simple reflection on how my day was. I think I'll also do a favorite verse with these posts...

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

xo
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment