"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, August 26, 2012

"I would die in ecstasy..."

I am always listening to music (what a cliche thing to say, but it is true). I love to, my body just syncs with the rhythm and I connect. I am a huge fan on Norah Jones. Her first song that really got me was the classic, "Don't Know Why". After listening to it millions of times, I was talking to Kylee about how addicted I was, and she too was addicted to Norah, but her song was "Come Away with Me". I fell in love with that song as well and listen to all her other songs too. On May 1st, she came out with her new album, "Little Broken Hearts". It's a totally different sound for Norah, but I still adore it! My favorite songs are "Happy Pills", "Say Goodbye", and "Miriam". 

We made it!
In May, I had heard that she was coming to Colorado for a concert and instantly wanted to go! All summer, I told my mom how badly I wanted to go. As it got closer, my mom just said, "Well why don't you?". I started looking at ticket prices and recruited some friends to go! Once the tickets were for sure ours, I was SO EXCITED!!!! There was less than two days until the concert, we had great seats, and I had learned every song on her album. 
The hill of death
So pretty
Denver
waiting...
And FINALLY, after what seemed like the longest opening act ever, NORAH came on! She opened up with this beautiful song:
Good Morning

I was instantly captivated. The sound, the atmosphere, the mood. 
LOVE the paper cranes and lights!
such a pure sound!
Come Away With Me
Neat paper cranes!
 I captured some video and it really shows the authenticity of her voice. When comparing it to her voice on the record, there is hardly any difference, none really. 
This video is "Miriam". You can hear our laughter in the beginning... we know the deeper meaning to the song and know to NEVER get on Norah Jones' bad side! (just watch the original music video, you'll understand;))
 Miriam live
As we sat there in the crisp, mountain night air, listening to such pure music, with the twinkling lights of the city in front of us, totally enchanted, I just wanted to bottle it all up. My heart was FULL! It was one of the best nights of my life and I am SO grateful and happy I got to experience it!
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment