Today is going to be the last day of the European series:( The twelfth day was of travel (another day at the beginning is tacked on for travel too). I have loved recounting this trip! It makes me want to go back so much! I hope you all enjoyed an inside peak of Eastern Europe through my eyes!
Vienna, Day 10: 6/19/2013
I did not actually write a journal entry for this day due to pure exhaustion. So this post is all from memory!
Today was a bittersweet day. I am so sad that it's our last but I'm kinda ready to go home and shower and out on clean clothes. I lost my little wallet thing that hooks onto my bra strap that had my credit card, euros, and driver's license. I went into full panic mode but as I kicked the bed in frustration (which I never do), my wallet appeared behind my bed! Sweet relief! I went down to breakfast and had two shots of espresso. We got on the bus and drove into the city. We had free time in the morning instead of the afternoon and I was not a fan of that. It went by a lot faster and we were rushed. We decided to rent bikes and explore the city! That only took about 45 minutes (no joke. It took FOREVER) We rode to Zanoni and Zanoni's to get more delicious gelato. It felt very European to ride our bikes through the city and eat gelato;) We broke off into two groups and Maddie and I went to the Albertina to see the Monet and Picasso exhibit. That was AMAZING. I love love love art and it was so cool to see such famous artists original works right in front of me! I am still in awe that I saw Monet's
Water Lilies. Afterwards, we got a few little things from gift shops and went to the Mozart Cafe. That was so beautiful! We grabbed doners on the way to the bus and some lady swindled us into giving her money for a "sick child". That's just all part of being a tourist I guess. Then we went on a bus tour (thank goodness because it was SO HOT). And guess what! We all slept through it. Except for like three kids. Literally, the entire bus was asleep. But the guide just kept talking! We stopped somewhere and we all got off, asking each other where we were and what we were looking at. Classic. We saw a really cool artistic apartment building, and then go ice cream. Magnum bars are the best and America needs to get them ASAP. After that, we went to Schonbrunn Palace, the residence of Maria Teresa. That was great, and fascinating, but there was no AC so it was also sorta miserable. Then we went to some other grand palace and took some pictures. It was gorgeous. We went back to the hotel afterwards and got ready for the classical music concert! I was sooooo excited! I LOVE classical music!! We had one last dinner that wasn't anything special, and we went to the opera house. The concert was fantastic! Mack, Jess, and Maddison sat across the house from us and they seemed to
really enjoy it;) Afterwards, we went to the train station to get back to the hotel and the train we needed to take was not going to run for another hour. So we had to wait. We got ice cream from McDonald's- how European. We got back to our hotel, I repacked, and hung out with some kids in the lobby for a while. Our last day in Europe was a good one.
#idontwanttogohome
 |
| outside the opera house |
 |
| am i european yet? i rode a bike, in a dress, and am eating gelato |
 |
| sleepy sleepy |
 |
| schonbrunn palace |
 |
| seminar! |
 |
| the gardens at schonbrunn palace |
 |
| stunning. |
 |
| representing the us of a wherever we go |
 |
| very hip, very modern |
 |
| we would wear coordinating outfits. it's very hip, very modern |
 |
| b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. |
 |
| i spy with my little eye... mack, jess, and maddison |
 |
| it was all so overwhelming to mack |
 |
| aww, maya and matt<3 ;) |
 |
| i love these people. |
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment