"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Europe Day 9- Bratislava and Vienna

Bratislava and Vienna, Day 9: 6/18/2013

This morning we left Budapest around 9am. :( The Texas and Oklahoma group left at 3am so I'm pretty happy about that. We traveled to Bratislava, Slovakia for about 2.5 hours. We had a quick walking tour but honestly I was so hot that it took away from me really loving it. Bratislava was a cute little town but it WAS so blasted hot! We had margaherita pizzas the size of the sun for lunch that we could have split but didn't know better. At the restaurant, I took off my cami and spandex and felt 20 degrees cooler. Afterwards, we went and cooled off in a clothing store kind of like Forever 21. It had the most wonderful thing in the world, air conditioning! <3 Then, we had gelato of course. But it was sort of disappointing because I had lemon, and it was way too creamy. We met up with our group and went to a really cool old church that had a crypt. It was SO cool! We got on the bus to make our last trip to Vienna, Austria. I am going to be straight up honest and let you know, I was fried by the time we got to Vienna. I was hot and tired, nothing was appealing. Don't get me wrong, the architecture was beautiful, I was just done. Agnes, our tour guide, took us to the BEST gelato place!!! It's called Zanoni & Zanoni's and I got two scoops- nutella and biscotto (before dinner of course). Dinner was schnitzel and fries. The bathroom lights did not turn on, or so we thought! Maddie and I figured out how to turn them on after messing with some stuff in Austrian. But we did have to go in the boys bathroom. Just another European adventure! We got back to our hotel and the madness began. First off, there was no elevators. And NO AC! Death was among us. I had to room with Karina and Kori :((( But Maddison, Mack, and Jess were right down the hall so that's good news. We were soooo hot, and just began to scream. As we were trying to prop open the window, Jessica threw her shoe at us, but it flew out the window. Classic. We all tried to cool down but it was just a hot miserable night.
#austriaishotterthanaustralia

winfd towers everywhere!
sleeping on the bus one last time
bratislava
bratislava
bratislava- the blue church
bratislava- the center of towne
just some dead bodies
and bones. no biggie.
vienna
vienna!
beautiful
lovely architecture
gelato is the bomb.com
DELISH
cute little maya
and then there's jess
so darn pretty!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment