Budapest, Day 8: 6/17/2013
Today was probably one of the best days of my life. I went to bed at 5:45am, got up at 7:00am, and had three shots of oh so wonderful espresso. We took a bus tour with some walking for a little over three hours and saw more phenomenal views of Budapest, mostly from the Buda side.
Fun fact- Budapest is actually split into two sides, Buda and Pest. They are separated by the Danube River. After the tour, it was time for the Baths! We went to the St. Geller Baths, which are some of the best in world. The mineral water left our skin SO soft! We went to the wave pool, hot, hot thermal pools, ice bath (it was about 40 degrees Farenheit!, steam room, sauna, champagne bath, we did it all! It was such a great way to escape the heat and just relax and have a good time. Alex, Maddie, Brenden, Jimmy, and I decided to get massages because, heck, how many times do you get to say you had a massage in Hungary?! Plus, the prices were great;) We had some scheduling conflicts that ended up in a bit of a mess
(that I can now look back and laugh about). So the massages were for two people in one room at the same time. This information was not told to us until eight minutes before the massage. By Alex and Maddie. Oh and you know, I was scheduled to have my massage with Jimmy. (
Background info- Jimmy was my freshman homecoming date. So yep.) So I had a couples massage with Jimmy. Oh that's a memory that won't fade. It was alright though, I still got a great massage! We called the teachers and got permission to skip dinner and do something on our own so we could spend more time at the baths, but meet them in time for the riverboat cruise. Sophie, Brenden, and I got tomato, basil, and mozzarella paninis before the cruise and they were heavenly. We got on the riverboat cruise and that was amazing. The views of the city at sunset, and then lit up were breathtaking. I love everyone on this trip! We went back to our trusty Ibis hotel, and had a little goodbye party for the Oklahoma people as they were leaving and not going to Austria. It was a very fun night!! Maddison and I talked till 1:15am, and my favorite day of the trip came to a great end!
#ihadacouplesmassagewithmyfreshmanhomecomingdate
 |
| hero square |
 |
| our awesome group |
 |
| pretend i don't look so awkward |
 |
| on the buda side |
 |
| so artsy;) |
 |
| we mastered group selfies |
 |
| looking over the danube and pest side |
 |
| stunning |
 |
| my main girl maya |
 |
| mack and i. locker buddies take europe 2k13. |
 |
| parliament |
 |
| peter, maddison, jimmy, and yours truly |
 |
| lighting up! |
 |
| looooooovvvvveeeeee |
 |
| BEAUTIFUL <3 |
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment