Krakow, Day 6: 6/15/2013
I LOVE KRAKOW!
It's my favorite! It's so pretty and not horribly crowded, there's just a good vibe. Today I was horribly exhausted, I was basically sleeping standing up when we were in the Jewish District. On our tour, we saw a ton of Old Towne, the Jewish District, and Wawel Hill. We also saw Schindler's Factory. I wish I would have seen the movie before I came, but I'll for sure watch it when I get home! The cathedrals we've seen are mind blowing. I love them, they have been one of my favorite parts. We had really good schnitzel, pickled vegetables, potatoes, and soup for lunch. The food was ridiculously good and it only cost about $6! For free time, we went shopping, saw an itty bitty church, and had of course, gelato. I just love gelato. We had yet again a great dinner of latkes, pickled veggies, sausage, and soup and bread. After dinner, we had a ton of free time to explore the city. It was the best night yet! Me, Jimmy, Peter, Mackenzie, Jessica, Alex, Carly, Maya, Maddison, Jack, Kori, and Karina walked back to Wawel Hill to see the Castle at sunset. After, we separated into two groups and sat in a park, talked, and laughed. This is what Europe is about! Brenden and I had to go to the bathroom and ended up going in a seminary. With the help of PopPop's notecards that he gave me prior to the trip, I was able to speak a little Polish and get our way in! After sitting for a while, we walked to a little fountain area and got more gelato. We also checked out the saddest little club in Europe that had potential but just was a bit of a failure. The card man kept hitting on Maya big time! She ended up with a ton of cards! We then tried to solicit them to other Europeans;) We caught up with the teachers and by the end of the day, I had had four gelatos! We went back to the hotel, where Brenden and Sophie taught us to play chess until 1am. Then Maya and I talked till about 2:30am. This trip is all about minimal sleep. I never want to leave!
#brendensharem
 |
| schindler's factory |
 |
| this just blows my mind |
 |
| group selfies are a struggle |
 |
| awkward selfies in krakow |
 |
| up at wawel hill |
 |
| don't you love the guy in blue;) |
 |
| the lighting after dinner was prime. oh and this was at like 8:45pm. i love europe. |
 |
| wawel hill. |
 |
| brenden's harem {harem: a social group of females, accompanied or followed by one male who denies other males access to the group} |
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment