"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, July 1, 2013

Europe Day Three- Dresden/Prague

Long time no blogging! Last week I went camping and didn't have time to get ahead on my posts. But I'm back! And the European series continues!

Dresden/Prague, Day Three: 6/12/2013

Today we did a lot of traveling. We left Berlin around 8 and drove until 10:30 when we arrived in Dresden. I slept on the bus and talked to Maddison. Dresden is SO beautiful!! It's by far better than Berlin and it's exactly what I though Europe would be like. I loved the old feel of the town. The churches and palaces are breathtaking. I got yelled at in German for taking video in palace turned museum, haha whoops! I had lunch with Matt, Brenden, Mack, Jess, and Maddison. And guess how much we spent on water. Guess! €20!! TWENTY EUROS! That's equal to $26! When you ask for water, they bring it to you in fancy glass bottles so you just think they're making it look all fancy and European. Not really, they're just making you pay wayy too much for a necessary component of life! As usual, Brenden and Matt told us their hilarious and slightly messed up stories. We had gelato, and my addiction was born. Do you realize how perfect ice cold lemon gelato is when it is super hot out? Afterwards, we drove to Prague. It is amazing! It's a little more urban than Dresden, but that's because it's so much bigger. We took a short walking tour and then had free time. A pick pocketer approached us twice and I yelled at him. That may or may not have been the best way to take care of the situation, but hey, he left us alone! We ate dinner at a place that had a very Casa Bonita feel. It was underground, sorta dark, and smelled wet and moist. We had pickled cabbage, Cordon Bleu, and nasty apple streudel. Afterwards, we went back to the hotel. It's sorta far from the city enter. We played Catch Phrase and that was a blast! I love that game!! I had a heart to heart with Maddison and Maya. I just love gushing moments. Jess and I went to bed at 12:15 and Mackenzie actually wanted to stay up and talk! What?! 
#swerve

bus ride pics for dayyyzzz


Dresden!
Fun fact- all the black on the buildings in Dresden is the result of the entire town being burned during the war.
The beautiful palace


Group selfies as always
group selfies as always
 the water levels were so high because major flooding occurred right before we came.
GELATO!
sleepy head
sleepy heads
prague
i am infatuated with these kind of buildings
aren't we artsy?
Baby Berlin <3
she always makes herself comfortable
too good not to post! mack when she blow dries her hair hahahaha!
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment