"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Europe Day 7- Budapest

Bratislava and Budapest, Day 7: 6/16/2013

Today we covered a lot of Europe! We traveled a ton. We left Krakow at 7:45 and stopped in  Slovakia for a quick lunch. Bratislava is a cute little town but it WAS so hot! We had margaherita pizzas the size of the sun for lunch and gelato. We went and saw a crypt and that was SO cool! We got to Budapest around 3:45 and THIS is my city. I am in love. I know I've thought that about every city but THIS city is the BEST! We had a delicious dinner of potatoes, chicken, and Hungarian salad with yummy chocolate cake for dessert. After dinner, we went to the city and explored. I went with Jimmy, Alex, Maddie, Katherine, Carly, Sophie, Peter, Brenden, and Marika to find the famous St. Geller Budapest Baths. We got there, and as we thought, it was closed. But a man still in his shop and was very helpful. We got all the info for the next day at the baths. We still had a little under two hours so we hiked up to the liberation shrine. It was the MOST gorgeous view of the city. We were literally left speechless. There was some train confusion, but we found everyone and got back to hotel in a timely matter. Some weird stuff went down in me and Maddison's room. It was like a mystical spiritual moment that involved Bohemian Rhapsody. Some things just stay in Europe I guess;) Maddison and I were having a heart to heart when Rabbi Brenden came into our room for snacks. Long story short, he stayed in our room until 5:45 and we watched the sunrise. It was really great. We just talked about life and such. Basically he's me in boy form, more or less. I slept for maybe an hour, and soon it was time for the next day in my favorite city!
#budapestisthebest


budapest
budapest-- we hiked up to that thing!
the beautiful danube river
ze hippest and ze modernist people

oh brenden
enamored.
major incline
rabbi brenden at sunrise



xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment