"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Catch Up Part One

I'm really upset at myself that I've been such a bad blogger lately. I don't mean to be, I just get so caught up in getting done what NEEDS to be done, I forget to go to my creative outlet every now and then!

So let's play catch up:)

It's been raining like crazy here in CO! Luckily, where I live has not been flooded, but most of my dad's family in Eastern Colorado and my mom's parents who live near Boulder have really taken the grunt of it.  I just can't even get over how all this rain came so fast! One of my uncle's lives 3/4 of a mile from a river that has widened over one mile in the last few days. When you run a mile, you know how long that is.  My grandparent's old neighborhood is flooded; one of their friends who still lives there had to be rescued and taken to dry ground in her husband's fishing boat. It is insane! But for now, I will enjoy all the rain that has thankfully not flooded where I'm at! It's the perfect Hunter boot, candle lit, warm tea, Mindy listening weather. :)

Speaking of Mindy, let's just take a minute and talk about how much I love her new album. I calculated the numbers of times I've listened to the album since I bought it on Monday night, and I'm 28 hours, or 40.9 times. Sorry it's just so perfect. Currently, my favorite song is Finding Home.

Now for a little XC update. These pictures are all from last weeks meet in the Springs. It wasn't my best race, and I was not a big fan of the course, but so be it. However, my runner's high afterwards was higher than ever! To say that Mackenzie and I were a party on the bus is the understatement of the century! This week's race was great! I loved the course so much (it was all flat and downhill, praise the Lord). The weather was cool and perfect. I took off a whole three minutes and ended up running a 28:36. Best day eva. Oh and just so you know, we don't cancel XC because of rain. We have practiced all week in the pouring rain, and it is the best feeling ever! To an onlooker, I'm sure it's hilarious to see all these kids soaked to the bone, running around a park, with their two coaches standing in the middle yelling at them.
literally right after we ran
pre post race high
hot bus + sweaty runners= miserable us
but sonic can easily fix that issue!



So for now, I'll leave it at that. Tomorrow will be part two of catch up, featuring Tri-M inductions, a surprise party, and the memories high school is made of.

xo
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment