"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Making Lemonade

via Pinterest

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade"

       Oh what a cliche. But cliches are cliches for a reason; they work. They're relatable. They're true.

As I've grown older, I've become a better people reader. Maybe it was the loss of friendship I suffered that shook my world for months, of just becoming more aware of those around me that helped me to become a better people reader. Regardless, I see people more for who they really are. And I am so tired of surrounding myself with the people who don't make me happy. Those who bring me down, those who are selfish, those who don't care about me, even when I care about them. Friendship, or any relationship for that matter, is a bicycle built for two; you can't get anywhere with just one person pedaling.

To make lemonade, you have to have all the ingredients. You can always get sugar and ice, but lemons aren't always there for you, perhaps for the better. So when you get them, don't just let them sit there. Do something with them. Make the dang lemonade. What else are you going to do with the bitter fruit?

So here's to my true blues! The sugar in my lemonade. The ice that keeps me cool, calm, and collected (even if it takes a while for me to cool down). They take away from the not, angry bitterness some lemons add. Keep throwing lemons at me life! I am not afraid of their sour. I've got my sugar, my ice, my everything nice.

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything."

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment