"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Not So Humble Hannah

Sometimes in life, I think that it is okay to be proud of your accomplishments. Especially ones that are spontaneous, successful, and pretty kick butt.

Good ol' Jimmy was going to ask Amanda to homecoming. They're BFFs, and more like brother and sister than anything else, but Jimmy knew how much fun it would be if the two of them went together for their senior homecoming. But if there's one thing that Jimmy is less proficient in, it's girls/relationships.

enter Hannah.

As Amanda's soul sister, I take on the wonderful responsibility of making sure Jimmy asks her in the right way. Not too grand and lovey, but not too cheap and lame. So as I was sitting here, on a Friday night, doing my science homework (yeah, I'm the kid that occasionally does homework on Friday nights. #nerdstatus) I dreamed up the most brilliant plan. I texted Jimmy, waited for the response, and drove like a mad woman to get to Dollar Tree before it closed at 9pm. By the way, it was about 8:43pm when this happened. Fifteen packs of glow sticks later, Jimmy and I (plus Olivia because mother doesn't like me going places late alone), were at the grocery stores, buying flowers and candy. We sat in the parking lot and assembled some letters together, as the plan was to spell out 'homecoming' in glow sticks on Mandy's driveway.

When we got to Amanda's house, we silently were assembling the glow sticks on the driveway when the garage door OPENS! We were freaking out, and grabbed the glow sticks and hid behind my car across the street. Amanda's dad pulled out and left without seeing us. We quickly made our glow stick display, when Amanda's dad came back, this time with her brother in the car. We explained to him what we were doing, and I went to get Mandles. Her dad said she wouldn't be asleep, but he was wrong. I silently walked into her pitch black room to wake her up. Sorry about that Mandy haha! I told her there was a crisis to attend to, and made her put on some clothes. We walked out to the driveway, where Jimmy was waiting, and Livi was videotaping. It was so darn cute! Amanda was still in a state of waking up as we snapped some quick pictures so she could go back to bed and get sleep before taking the ACT the next morning!

love this girl



I can honestly say that this was one of my best ideas to date, and am so happy how it worked out! Boys, take note. This is a great way to ask the ladies!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment