"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, May 19, 2014

These Hallowed Halls

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place. Like you'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll also miss the person you are now at this time and place because you'll never be this way ever again."


There's something about high school. It's a place where we all are trying to figure each other out, while also all trying to figure ourselves out. It's where we have learned about friendship and what it means to be someone that others can count on. It's a place where we have been overwhelmed with joy and excitement, and a place where we have hurt and been broken. But above all else, it is where some of our most cherished memories were made. 

Each day, we would walk down the halls, oblivious to what was really around us. The everyday background became monotonous. But when we look back one day, we will realize all the little niches that we made while we were there.

These halls that we walked are hallowed, a place in which we became who we are we today. And they're something that I never want to forget. 












But perhaps the most significant place in all of these halls is a corner, dimly lit, but a home. E107. Four years ago, Mackenzie and I, practically strangers at the time, were assigned this locker. Who would have ever guessed that it would have become such an important thing to all of us, the focal point of so many high school memories.  We made photo collages and made it ours. Over the next years, it became the meeting place for our friends. Every morning, I would walk through the doors and head straight there, anxious to see my friends there. It's where we took several pictures on spirit days; it's where Kylee was asked to homecoming freshman year; it's where I threw up in my cast one morning sophomore year; it's where Christmas gifts were exchanged. The Locker was our place, our niche at school. It will always be our place, loved and left behind. 



Freshman year birthdays
Totally not prepared for pictures 

Sophomore homecoming spirit days
Sophomore homecoming spirit days
Senior homecoming spirit days

Forever our place 
We love The Locker

I will always remember the days I walked the halls. The conversations I had, the people I was with, the feeling there was- I know it will never be the same when I walk down them again.




Goodbye and thanks for the memories.

xo
Hannah

GRADUATION COUNTDOWN: 3 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment