If you don't know my dad, you sure are missing out. He's one of the craziest people out there and is always making me people laugh. I don't know what I would do without him. Even though I give him a hard time 99% of the time, it's only because I love him lots. I'd describe our relationship as very sarcastic, but serious when it needs to be. I know that my dad is always there for me and would do anything for me. It's really hard to describe how much a person means to you when they truly mean the world.
I won't share a sappy father/daughter quote, but I will share some of my favorite memories with Marv. Since he was born on the 7th, here's 7 of my favorite memories/things about my dad.
1. Early morning breakfast dates. Whether they're at the Donut Hut, Egg & I, Starbucks, or McDonalds, I've loved each one. Plus I love that we both like yummy breakfast foods like biscuits and gravy so we can eat them without mom continuously telling us that it's gross;)
2. Occasional yard work. The yard is my dad's domain. He pours his heart and soul into it, especially his garden. I believe it's because he was raised on a farm so there's still that farmer in him. I remember a trip to Murdoch's many years ago where he let me choose a bench that now sits by our backyard waterfall. I loved it most when he would take me to Home Depot to choose flowers to plant. What little girl doesn't love getting to pick out some pretty petunias?
3. Doctors appointments. Back when I had bad reflux and when I had a broken arm, Dad was often the one to take me to morning appointments. There was no shortage of jokes, ever.
4. His rockin' style. Hahaha this is actually sort of a joke, but I love that he wears no shortage of clothes he gets for free from work. Thanks for saving us some money, dad;)
5. Morning 'runs' in Hawaii. I remember when my parents and I would all get up early to go work out in the gym or run outside. However, my dad and I weren't big fans of the humidity when running outside. So usually, we would let mom get ahead and then just walk, running every few yards;)
6. Chauffeur days. Back in the days when none of my friends or I had my license, Marv would be volunteered to drive us around quite frequently. I'm sure he found our mindless early high school chatter quite exciting, not. But he was always such a great driver, letting us blast Taylor Swift.
7. Cooking. Although he's a grilling master, he's also a master pastry chef. Marv can whip up some delicious thin pancakes/crepes real quick any weekend morning. He also specializes in orange popcorn balls and kolachis, one of my favorite things to make with him. Some of his most infamous creations are grilled pizza (ick, a little burned for me) and a peanut butter and marmalade sandwich (he'll never live that down). I applaud his creativty though! Now he just needs to learn how to clean up...
And because I'm a fan of old pictures, here's some of us in our younger days:)
| "Now Hannah, save the candy and give it to me when mom's not looking" |
| I just love this one. Our street looks so naked though! |
| Me as Dumbo, Halloween 1999? He was always the best to go trick-or-treating with. |
I love you so much Dad! Happy birthday!
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment