Yes, this is the second year in the row that Riley gets a birthday post exactly one month after her birthday, but it's only because I need a month to really think about how I'm going to tell her how fabulous she is in a reasonably lengthed post! ;)
For five years, I have been lucky enough to have Riley as one of my nearest and dearest friends. I don't know how I got to be so lucky! It's really weird for me to think about us not being together next year, she's always been there for me. Luckily, I have it all mapped out and we are only 37 minutes away from each other next year! The great news is that since she's playing D1 soccer and CU is also D1, I'll get to see her play against my college team! Maybe, just for you Riley, I'll wear DU stuff to that game;)
This year for Riley's birthday, I thought I would enlighten all you blog readers on some facts about Riley, because she's a special one.
- Her family song is Lean Like A Cholo
- For a while now, we have been comparing Riley to a little boy. Mainly this is because of her mannerisms, but also because she's really good at just acting like a little boy. It's actually really funny. But that's what we love about her;)
- This year, Riley (and Sierra) have really developed an interest in choir. They now come to every concert and are our biggest fans! Which is real fun because they're basically our only fans! I promised I would make them tshirts and our concert is in 9 days so I better get on that.
- Riley suffers from what we like to call Chronic Bitch Face. I would only ever call it a positive thing because it intimidates several people. (see picture below)

this is actually quite mild - We have a special Twitter series, #ShitRileySays. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- "Does Justin Bieber have concerts?"
- (to Mackenzie) "I feel really bad about the fact that I would have bullied you in elementary school"
- "I walked through a pond yesterday. I looked like Jesus, I even had my hair down like him."
Anyways, I just love Riley. She ends up going on quite a few adventures with Mackenzie and I. We've taken her to Sonic a few times and FroYo Rox. She's a watermelon slush and plain hamburger kind of girl, undoubtedly. We love to play tennis with her too. Whenever we do that, we somehow always manage to find parts to a dead bird nearby. The two of us, and Mack, went through a bit of a Coach shoes obsession freshman year. Her fave foods are salmon, watermelon, steak, buttered noodles, Eileen's frosting, and of course, Flaming Hot Cheetos. Riley's a girl that brings so much personality and whenever she's absent, it feels like many more people are. I love to watch her sing and dance in the car (she puts on quite the show) and play soccer because she sure does shine on the field. There's no doubt in my mind she will dominate next year at DU.
And some pictures that must be shared:)
From freshman...
To seniors...
Her birthday was actually quite the adventure. Lisa invited us over for dinner- her world famous tacos! She fries the shells and man they are divine! We had cake and ice cream as well. Lisa truly outdid herself with the cake she made! It was amazing! The real fun picked up after dinner. Reese, Ri's little sister, had a loose tooth hanging on by the threads. So Dr. Hannah came out and was a dentist. With the help of my lovely assistants, Jessica and Sierra, we yanked that baby out. I tell you, there's never a dull moment with the five of us!
| out like that! |
| the team |
| but ri didn't like that suddenly her birthday wasn't all about her;) just kidding! |
![]() |
| BEST. PICTURE. EVER! |
Ugh, I really cannot think about parting ways with Riley in a few months. Even though she'll be close, it still won't be the same. I know that we will forever be best friends though. It's difficult to perfectly capture all the wondrous things about Riley. But above all else, I love Riley because she's not afraid to just be herself- sassy, smart, sporty, loyal, hilarious, and incredible self. I love you so much my Valiant Grape Juice!
xo
Graceful Coke that Costs A Lotta Ca$h
PS: your welcome for not posting Sugar Lips again
//Go to last year's post for a million more pictures//








No comments:
Post a Comment