"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hey May!

How on Earth is it already May?! Wasn't just yesterday the first day of school? Everyone always said senior year flies by, but man, I never realized how fast it would. They also talked about senioritis and I never would have guessed I would be hit so hard by it. I think I have a few ounces of motivation to get me through my last six days of school! On Friday, I took my first last final. Can I just shout it from the rooftops how ecstatic I am to be done with high school math?! The AP exam is on Wednesday and that's just going to happen how it happens (aka I'm not stressed because I know I'll take calculus again in college). Tomorrow I have my APES exam and boy I cannot wait for that to be over. I have never detested a class as much as that one (except maybe AP World).

You see, what I love about May is that it's a month of lots of ends, but a month of new beginnings. While the school year ends, the summer begins. While the cold spring ends, the warm whispers of summer begin. It's a magical thing, really.

Right now, as I blog, the windows are wide open and I hear the birds chirping, my dad in the backyard gardening and listening to Bohemian Rhapsody, and I listen to some old soul music because to me, it just screams spring. Right now is my favorite part of spring- the transition into summer phase. Everything is in bloom and the air smells SO good!

And because I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world to live in the most beautiful state, I thought I would share with all of you the beautiful colors and nature that are just in my yard.
It rained pink petals last night



Crabapple tree blossoms

Bees just swarm the tree, creating a constant buzz 
Nature's pretty pretty
The ONLY time in life I like pink is when it's in nature
Apple tree blossoms
The beginnings of Marvin's famous garden and the lawn boy Brandon in the background

 And the planting has only just begun. I can't wait to share the abundance of color that will eventually erupt!


 I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful spring as much as I am! Happy May my lovely readers!

xo
Hannah



GRADUATION COUNTDOWN: 18 DAYS

1 comment: