"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, May 12, 2014

Throwback// Freshman Year

As I finish my final week of high school, I felt that it was only appropriate to look back and reminisce over some of my favorite memories from these past four years. So this week, I'm doing a mini-series of throwbacks. I didn't blog in some of my first years of high school so I hope you enjoy getting to know freshman/sophomore Hannah, and remembering junior/senior Hannah;)


FRESHMAN YEAR

I remember my first day of high school like it was yesterday. I remember that I could barely sleep the night before and I woke up super early. I remember the soap I used in the shower was "Sheer Love" from VS. I wore this god awful green graphic tee (why did I like graphic tees so much?) and grey bremuda shorts. We had to meet in front of the school, where our seminar teacher was standing with their name on a piece of paper taped to a yard stick. I had found out a few people in my seminar due to Facebook, but was still a little nervous. This girl that I sort of knew, Mackenzie, was going to be in my seminar. For some reason, I just had a feeling we would be friends, and that we should share a locker. So when the two of us began to casually chat, the possibility of being locker partners came up. It's funny, because we both internally wanted to be the other's partner, and there was such relief when we found out the other wanted to be partners. 

That year, I made so many new friends- some that would stay in my life for a little bit of time, others that are still around. Each person however, impacted my life in one way or another. As some wise person once said, "Some people come into your life as blessings, other come into your life as lessons".

When I think of freshman year, I think of the smell "Dark Kiss" from BBW, playing lots of Wii, Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" album, having to have parents drive us everywhere, constantly writing on each other's Facebook walls, the Clan (don't even ask!), Facebook messages, Coach shoes, and just figuring it all out. High school was definitely a change from middle school, but man did I love it! I was in all honors classes that sure did challenge me, but in all the right ways. 

They were the days of absolute innocence, the days where we thought we had it all figured out, the days where it all began...

A sleepover the first weekend of high school where we slept in my clubhouse and watched HP
Oh man we loved it (and still do!)
Homecoming dress shopping for the very first time!
My first ever homecoming. Good lord those braces sure made for an ugly Hannah
We have all grown up so much!!
SO LITTLE
Silly little freshman poses


We were Hawaiian Punch for Halloween. Aren't we creative?
Target self timer shenanigans
nerds;) and perhaps the worst picture of me to date.
Poetry explication sessions call for froyo
Church retreats were our favorite;)
Don't even ask [HHKMR]
Winter finals studying party
Oh man were we cool
Winter Week bonfire
OH MY GOSH THOSE JEANS ARE SO AWFUL
Proof that this matching thing has occurred for many, many years
Sadies 2011

Spanish class favorites
hahahah oh this one makes me laugh!
Just hanging out on a hill after bowling
Sunday night sleepovers
no caption necessary

A great quality picture after one of our first choir concerts
Dissecting a fetal pig= highlight of freshman year bio
Surprising Riley!
Our very last day of school
And our very first day of summer!






The faces and relationships with friends may have changed, but the memories remain the same. It's funny how I'm about to start as a freshman again in just a matter of months. Here's to freshman year being a favorite!

xo
Hannah

GRADUATION COUNTDOWN: 10 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment