"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Throwback// Sophomore Year

"There are years that ask questions, and years that answer."

SOPHOMORE YEAR
Sophomore: probably influenced by Greek sophos, wise, and mōros, stupid
Sophomore year was much, much different than freshman year. Slowly, my little friend group was taking shape. We had the greatest times as we navigated some new parts of high school, but I will one hundred percent say that sophomore year was not my favorite. First of all, I was not a big fan of some of my classes- Chemistry (it's just never been my jam), AP World (worst class I have ever taken), and Algebra II (just not a fan). So while I was figuring all that out, I was also learning a lot about myself, loyalty, and friendship. It was a year that asked questions, undoubtedly. But it was a year that I needed; to grow, to learn, to see the good in what I had. I am so grateful for everything because without that year and all that it brought, I wouldn't be as happy as I am today. 


Some of my favorite memories are eye contact with Riley in AP World, getting my license, Jessica eating a spoonful of spicy mustard at my birthday party, wrapping Mackenzie's feet in Athletic Training, unhealthily obsessing over The Hunger Games with Sierra, my Nissen, jamming out with Maddison in English, and creating this blog! Now for an insane amount of pictures!

First Friday of sophomore year celebrations with caramel apple pops!
Torn ligaments make for some fun!
The year of sweet sixteens
Who doesn't love tie dying parties and jumping pictures?
Lol at how bad my shirt turned out:/ Homecoming week Lax Bro Day
We are the definition of geeks. Everyday hero day
After seeing The Help

Homecoming bonfire
I love these two!
I still can't believe SHE is going to homecoming this year!
Happy Halloween!
I do not even have words for this.
Who doesn't love a little shopping?
HHKMR reunites to rock out and SING!
Happy 16th Maddison!
"Watching" the Avs play

Academic lettering
North Pole fun!
Winter finals=finished!
Jello smiles!
This picture just makes me laugh- we had a lot of leftover pizza and none of us drove  at the time so we didn't have anywhere to put the box. So we hid it in a snowbank at the movie theater, duh
A little Christmas photoshoot
Baby boy Ri and Santa Mack
Playing Pet Hotel, their most favorite game in 10th grade
Licking marshmallow off of plxiglass all to get a free slushee
Aren't we adorable
Ugly sweater day
Sadies with our date Larry the Cable Guy
Sneaking around at dance nationals with Martha
A trip to Cincinnati
Mack after the dentist BAHAHAHA
b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.
Happy 16th Sierra!
So utterly obsessed

Got to have a movie theater bathroom pic, especially one wearing 3D glasses
Happy 16th Mack!
Sierra and I's famous rainbow cake!
Reneacting a movie scene. I am laughing so hard I'm crying as I recall this
Josh Hutcherson had her like

My incredible mother won a teaching award!
And Mack was there too!
Why of course we got cookies for the HG premiere, didn't you?
Happy 16th me!
Bonanza bombs! (seltzer water in soda)

Minorities!
English BFFs



Confirmation
Post-Nissen fundoplication

Happy 16th Kylee!


And this picture about sums up sophomore year! Good thing we love ourselves and each other too much to care what other people think!

xo
Hannah

GRADUATION COUNTDOWN: 9 DAYS

1 comment: