"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
About
Sunday, May 11, 2014
To my Mother
To me, Mother's Day is kind of a funny idea. Every single day of the year, our mothers work so hard to do it all, so why are we only given one day to honor them for all they do? How are we supposed to show them how much we love and appreciate them in just one day?
My mother is one of the most versatile woman in this world. She is a cook, a cleaner, a chauffeur, a nurse, a teacher, and so much more. In any instance, she will drop everything she is doing to come to her children's side. She fights for what is best for us and never stops being a mom for even a second. I know that it is the world's toughest job, but my mom sure does it best.
My mom and I are opposite, yet so similar. She does little things that sure do annoy me, but I know that I do things to annoy her. While we may not always see eye to eye on everything, I know I can also lean on her. Oh man will I miss her next year.
I feel like no one ever truly understands how much their mother loves them until they are a mother. I can try my best to think about how much my mom loves me, but I don't think it's something I'll ever be able to fathom until I have my own children. I'll never forget when my mom would tell me about the day I was born and how suddenly, a piece of her heart was out there, vulnerable to all the troubles of the world. When I was really sick with my reflux my freshman/sophomore year, I remember in times where I was so upset, my mom was upset. She would say that she wished she could just be the one who was sick so that I wouldn't be. I never understood why she would want to feel so awful, but as I grow older and begin to understand the meaning of a mother's love, I know I would feel the same way for my own child.
I hope that one day, I can be half the mom that my mom is. One that serves others, manages chaos, sees the positivity in everything, organizes and schedules, gives guidance, and loves above all else.
Thanks for being my number one fan in life, Mom. I sure am yours.
xo
Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment