"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Year Complete

First off, you should know I'm a very sentimental person. I love birthdays, holidays, celebrations of any sort because they mark something important that deserves attention. Nostalgia is usually reminisced and a flood of memories pours through. Today, was my last day of school, I am no longer a sophomore, but a junior, an upperclassman! It's an exciting event, but now as the year is complete, I can take the time to reflect on it and all that it's been.

Sophomore year was definitely a test of my strength and sanity. It was a rollercoaster where I didn't see all the twists and turns coming before I got on. I became stuck on the carousel of school, a dizzying ride that never seemed to end and was the same cycle everyday. Getting through each weeks was the goal. I dreaded Mondays and Thursdays, but looked forward to Fridays.  It was a year with several challenges that I overcame and am so happy to be free and have a few months to ReLaX!

This year, I was blessed to realize who my true, loyal, and ever so wonderful best friends are.

How we seem to be on the outside...


The reality;)

Each of these girls has a special place in my heart and I'm so grateful to have them. They are all honest, genuine, and have an impact on almost every aspect of my life.



Kylee, my ballerina buddy ;) I cannot believe that we have known each other know for four years! I remember the days of 7th grade language arts and especially 8th grade math/English/adventure as we grew close. Freshman year was an informational year that lead us to the great times we've had this year. Thank you for always being there, words cannot express how much I appreciate it.

Jessica, thank the Lord we are friends or I would probably burst with all my jokes that only you understand. You are an honest, spunky girl who isn't afraid to tell it how it really is. I'm so happy you love The Hunger Games too and we have so much in common, especially our sense of humor. I cannot wait to visit your country this summer and for Europe next summer!

Mackenzie (Carol;)), you're the world's best locker buddy, along with (one of) the world's best friend. I'm so happy that you didn't know anybody else in seminar so we could share a locker and become such good friends. You are basically my other half and am so happy that you love almost everything that I love! This summer, we'll have our marathon Skype/phone calls, while listening to Mindy Gledhill, reading nie, and drinking chai :)

Maddison, I love parking next to you! ;) Nothing was better than ending the day in English, jamming out to Let's Hear It for the Boy and Push It while having deep discussions and joking around with Jenelle. You are crazy and sincere and that's what I love about you! I can't wait to go to the pool everyday this summer and start our walking/healthier eating plan! We made it through 10th grade, just think of how great our futures will be now!

Riley, you will always be the new girl from California to me;) But now you're the girl from California who's one of my best friends! I love your wit and how you hate AP World just as much as me! I love cheering you on at soccer from the tennis courts and surprising you on birthday and having basically all the same grades. You never fail to make me laugh and I can't wait for all the annual summer activities!

Sierra, I love you! You always put a smile on my face! You're positive and funny, and we're both real good at licking marshmallow fluff and making rainbow cakes! ;) This summer, we're having a pinterest party so we can make all the delicious food we pin and sleep on my trampoline! Thank you for always being there to Skype with, braid my hair, and make YOLO videos with! 8th off next year is going to be a party!


And of course, where would I be without my family? I can't count how many nights my mom would be sitting next to me at midnight as I would study, and then in the morning my awesome dad would bring me a hot chai. They would take me from doctor to doctor, in the attempt to make me better, cry with my when I was upset, and celebrate any success.
At the Apple Awards, honoring my extraordinary mother

Mom, thank you for always listening and helping me through all the twists and turns of life. I don't know what I would do with out you!

Dad, thanks for always making me laugh, even if most of the time you're just annoying (Brandon is obviously your clone). It's nice to know that you would be willing to go egging with me at 1am on my birthday;)
Real attractive

Brandon and Olivia, although you're not always cooperative, thanks for putting up with my grand plans to do things for Mom and Dad, even if that meant getting up at 7am on a Saturday or taking pictures at midnight so Mom and Dad wouldn't find out.
What? A good picture of all three of us? It can't be!


Oh, and of course, my cat, Jack, who would always wake up with me in the morning, be waiting for me when I got home from school, sit next to me while I did my homework, and stay up with me and go to bed at the same time as me ;)
Whoever said dog was man's best friend has never had a cat like Jack!

I am truly a lucky girl to have such wonderful people in my life. I have learned so much this year and cannot wait to see what the future has in store. But, I will learn to live in the moment and appreciate each day I have with those I cherish. Sure, this year was full of the unexpected, but now I look back on everything and am so happy at where I am. Time for a warm, healthy summer with best friends, good books, lazy days, and freedom! 

"Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curve ball. So we have to improvise, we find happiness in unexpected places, we find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong." -Grey's Anatomy

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment