"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An Ordinary Day

This morning, I woke up bright and early and went on a 3.6 mile run with Maddison. It felt wonderful! The trail we ran on was beautiful and it was just perfect. The birds were chirping and it smelt like summer :) 
Aren't we attractive runners? ;)
We did lots of talking along the path, it was so nice to catch up with her. I'm quite impressed with our running if you ask me ;) We ran to this cute little fishing pond. It's off the beaten path and it was a great place to rest and take on our surroundings. 
So pretty!
Maddison!
One of the many reasons I love Colorado is all the trails and paths. There is so much beautiful nature along them, as well as some wildlife too. 
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."


Perfect pink flowers
After our run, we went and got bagels then headed our separate ways for a few hours. I had to go get my ID badge for volunteering at the hospital and get some blood tests to prove I'm healthy and won't infect patients!
Not my best picture, but it will do

Ain't it beautiful? ;)
Then, I went to heaven, aka the library. I just love the peace and quiet of the library, it's like a sanctuary. I adore being surrounded by all the books, the library is truly a fountain of knowledge and pleasure! I grabbed a few CDs, but I was especially to snag the Mindy Gledhill album! This is one of my favorites! And of course, I got a mountain of books. I wasn't smart and didn't bring a bag to carry my books, so I juggled (and dropped) these books walking to my car.
I scored three Sarah Dessen books, yes!
After that, Maddison came back over to 'tan'. Tanning really consisted of reading our books and complaining about how hot we were ;) So to cool down, we put the hose on the tramp and jumped! That's definitely one of my favorite summer activities!! This song came on our playlist and I thought these lyrics were so true for youthful summers, and us jumping on the trampoline ;)
"We used to paint petals in the sky
Jump around on trampolines and never go inside
We'd wake up in the morning and decide
What we would do - for the rest of our lives" 

Here's to slow, happy summer days!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment