"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, May 21, 2012

Do Re Mi

Happy Monday! Today, the weather was glorious and I had the day off of school due to graduation. However, I spent most of the day studying but kept my windows open and let the sunlight in! When I study, I pretty much have to listen to music. It keeps me stay focused and manage my time (after five songs, it's time to start studying something new). I have a different taste in music than most teenage girls. Sure, I like Katy Perry and other pop artists, but my absolute favorite kinds of music inlcude indie/folk, jazz piano, and swing. I feel like each song in this style is relatable and has a sound that I gravitate towards without thinking. I adore Katie Herzig (she's my favorite!!), Norah Jones, Mindy Gledhill, and Frank Sinatra. All of these artists have natural, velvety voices that are true and beautiful. Here are some of my favorite songs from these artists:

 
Lost and Found- Katie Herzig
 
 
  Closest I Get- Katie Herzig

 
Holding Us Back- Katie Herzig

 
Don't Know Why- Norah Jones

Come Away With Me- Norah Jones

Anchor- Mindy Gledhill
  
 
 Whole Wide World- Mindy Gledhill

Come Fly With Me- Frank Sinatra

The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra

But of course, I do love songs like this! ;)
Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen


Have a wonderful week! Summer is only two days away!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment