![]() |
| Abe Lincoln knew what he was talking about |
For the written part of my AP World final, my teacher had us read this article and write a speech similar to it giving advice for his new students next year. It reminded me of one of the best videos out there that I think everyone should watch. Sure, I'm not old and wise, but I still have learned lessons during what time I have spent here on Earth. So here I am, giving my advice for life:
Sing. All the time. Whenever, wherever, whatever.
Take pictures. Document the good times and the bad. We can't get back some of those precious moments. The thing with pictures is even if the people in it change, the memories with them will stay the same.
Wear sunscreen. Why be so reckless with your health when these days, we know how harmful too much sun is. Melanoma and other types of skin cancer are usually caught late and are difficult to treat. So slather on the sunscreen, be pasty white and live till your 100. :)
Wear red lipstick. At lease once. It's fun, feminine, and classic.
Take your vitamins. They do you good.
Drink tea. English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Lavender, Mint. Once a day, get a teacup that you love and steep some tea.
Talk on the phone. In an age where texting, instant messaging, and emailing dominate ways of communication, just call a friend and talk. Whether it's five minutes or four hours, just talk.
Give at least one compliment a day.
Love your hair. You were born with it the way it is so obviously that's the way you should wear it.
Read the newspaper. Keep up with the world and all current events. Plus, you may find a columnist that you really love. :)
Do something once a day you love. Doesn't matter how busy your day is, take thirty minutes to sit and read, blog, paint, cook, sewing, anything that makes you happy.
Learn to walk in heels. I admit I still have to master this, but one day, you'll be happy you can walk tall and proud .
Wear your seat belt. It will save your life. Take the five seconds to buckle up. Somebody out there needs you.
Love your siblings and parents. Fight with them, laugh with them, cry with them. You'll dread the day when you realize you don't get to live with them forever.
Dance. In your bedroom, music full blast, windows wide open, like nobody is watching.
Learn to cook and sew. You never know how useful these two things are in life until you don't have someone to always do them for you.
Write letters and notes to your friends. Send them in the mail. Keep their replies.
Just because you've known someone for years, doesn't mean they'll always be the same person. Trust yourself and know that things can change on a dime. So cherish the moments you have with the people you love, each day with them is a gift that you are not guaranteed.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around. Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." -Grey's Anatomy
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment