"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Seldom Have Truer Words Been Said


Finding contentment. It's a hard thing to do. It is SO much easier at times to find every little bad and negative thing in life.

I had to go outside in the 40° weather this morning for physics.
We ran out of almond butter.
Olivia spilled all of my Essie blue nail polish on the counter...
and used my licorice body wash in the shower, and dumped half of it down the drain.
My wrist hurts and is big and swollen.
I had an AP Euro test.
My room is cold.
I don't understand the speaker on the Spanish video.

See? It's easy! But this school year, I've noticed something. Despite starting the year off with a nasty broken arm that was quite the burden and is not making for an easy recovery, I've loved this year. I don't feel as stressed, which is completely opposite of what I would expect to feel. I see things so much more positively.

I have an off period, with one of my most favorite people ever.
I have As in both of my AP classes, what?!  
I've actually read some books for fun.
I like every single one of my teachers.
I was accepted for National Honor Society.
My room has only been a horrible mess once.
I've gotten so much better at prioritizing.
I've figured out new handy study techniques.
I've got a abs of steel because of my daily 200-250 sit ups.
I've found so many new TV shows I love (a good/bad thing;))
The homecoming dance was the best ever.
I went to my first concert, and it was perfection.
I reconnected with an old best friend.
I've had so much fun with my family on the weekends.
I started my gallery wall.
My grades are all high.
I have gained more focus and get more done.
I've made more friends.
I've become so much closer to God.
I have gotten so much better at seeing the good.
I've had hardly any bad days.
I have found peace and balance.

My grass is green. I've worked for it. I can't have anyone else's green grass but my own, so why bother being jealous? To keep it green, I have to use my energy in the resources I've invested in, not wish I had others.

I see my blessings. I have chosen to be happy. God has given me so much. Life is good because the Giver is good, and when I make the most of this life, then will I continue to find contentment.


I am exactly where I need to be.

xo
Hannah
 

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of finding all the positives instead of the negatives! Keep it up kiddo!

    ReplyDelete