What better way to remember the year then reviewing it?
"The days are long but the years are short."
JANUARY
What I did: Celebrated Sierra's birthday, had Winter Week at school, won a marshmallow licking contest, went to Sadies
What I read: "The Hunger Games"
What I saw: Crazy, Stupid, Love (ok, I saw this first in July 2011, but watched it at Sierra's party)
What I learned: If there's the chance to win a Starbucks gift card, lick the marshmallow cream off the plexiglass even if Sierra's on the other side licking away, and you hate marshmallow cream. Starbucks is worth it.
FEBRUARY
What I did: Celebrated Mackenzie's birthday, went to Ohio and Kentucky
What I read: "The Lucky One", "Siddartha"
What I saw: The Vow and Journey to the Center of the Earth 2
What I learned: February is a cruel, cold month.
MARCH
What I did: Celebrated MY birthday!, lettered in academics, went to the Apple Awards for my amazing mother, went to Steamboat, began the tennis season
What I read: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", "Lord of the Flies"
What I saw: The Hunger Games!What I learned: It's ok to cry on your birthday :)
APRIL
What I did: Celebrated Riley's birthday, had my birthday party, had my surgery, became addicted to blogs
What I read: "Heaven is Here"
What I saw: The Lucky OneWhat I learned: Pain... it demands to be felt. But once it's over, the true comfort of the normal, even if it's new, is a beautiful blessing.
MAY
What I did: Celebrated Kylee's birthday, started this blog!, finished sophomore year, was confirmed
What I read: "The House on Mango Street"
What I saw: What to Expect When You're ExpectingWhat I learned: Be proud of all you do, no matter good or bad. It will always teach you a lesson.
JUNE
What I did: Began volunteering at the hospital, spent time with cousins who moved to Japan, went to my other cousin's wedding, had a Pinterest party, worked at a science camp for a week, endured far too high of temperatures, got up early to walk/run
What I read: "The Wedding"
What I saw: PS I Love YouWhat I learned: I love summer, hate school, and 5th/6th graders are some of the funniest kids you will ever meet.
JULY
What I did: Went to Steamboat, had a fun day at the zoo with family, shopped, ran with Mackenzie, had the best time ever with friends on the trampoline
What I read: "The Glass Castle"
What I saw: 21 Jump Street
What I learned: Summer is far too short, so make the most of each day and night. (cheesy much?)
AUGUST
What I did: Celebrated Jessica's birthday, broke my arm, started junior year, went to my first concert, went tubing down the Colorado River
What I read: "Nights in Rodanthe"
What I saw: Norah Jones in concertWhat I learned: Don't go too fast on a zipline, even if it seems like it will be the funnest thing ever.
SEPTEMBER
What I did: Went to homecoming, caught up with an old friend, went to my cousin's wedding
What I read: "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"
What I saw: The Sisterhood of the Traveling PantsWhat I learned: I HAVE THE WORLD'S GREATEST BEST FRIENDS. (thank you TSofTP!)
OCTOBER
What I did: Went to the pumpkin patch, visited DU, trick-or-treated, went to a haunted house, went to the coldest football game ever
What I read: "All Quiet on the Western Front"
What I saw: Pitch PerfectWhat I learned: Never ever let Sierra or Jessica get in your car if they have a full bladder. ever.
NOVEMBER
What I did: Celebrated Maddison's birthday, babysat my butt off, ate a ton at Thanksgiving, was inducted into NHS
What I read: "Rebecca", "Night"
What I saw: Here Comes the Boom, The Notebook, White Christmas (the musical)What I learned: I am such a lucky, lucky girl to be blessed with all that I am. God is truly abundant.
DECEMBER
What I did: Finals, celebrated my favorite holiday ever, went downtown to the ballet, spent lots of time with family
What I read: "The Stranger", "The Fault In Our Stars", "Looking for Alaska", "How to Save a Life"
What I saw: Les Miserables, The NutcrackerWhat I learned: No matter how horrible the work may seem, if you work hard, it will pay off.
There was so many great things that happened this past year and there is no way to write of it all. I am a blessed girl in so many ways!
May 2013 be as prosperous as 2012!
Happy New Year!
xo
Hannah
PS: I hope you like the new design... I LOVE it!




No comments:
Post a Comment