During one of our deep late night discussions (I think it was only me, Mackenzie, and Jessica still awake) we talked about how we were really going to go our separate ways one day. Not forever separate, but we won't always have one another right then and there. In less than a year and a half, we'll be going to college (AHH!). We'll go to different states, make new friends, start life in the 'real world'. It's just so hard to grasp that we have to make new friends, and not have the same seven of us always together, with such a comfort level where we talk about anything from clusters and secretion to the logistics of certain things. It's hard to grasp that we'll grow up, start jobs, get married, have families... it seems so far away but it's only within the next ten to fifteen years.
I don't really want to grow up. I just want to stay sixteen forever, with my six best friends, where we drink Icees, drive around with the music loud, eat the usual skittles/starbursts/mini m&ms/cheese pretzels/popcorn, play Just Dance, read Jessica's stories, laugh and scream and sing, talk about boys, be ourselves.
Sure, when we grow up, we'll have our reunions, dinners, vacations and even sleepovers. But for it to only be once or twice a year? It seems so wrong. These are the girls I am with Monday through Friday, from 7:30 to 3, and usually more on the weekends. Making the transition from all to not enough will be tough.
But growing up, it's inevitable. So for now, I'll just take in every ounce of time I do get with my best friends 5ever. Because when we're together is far better than when we're apart. Even if we only have a moment with each and everyone of us there, it's a rare and special one.
And this is why I feel like a darn lucky girl.
To have these these crazy, loud, loyal people in my life, whom I share some of my favorite memories with.
And anyways, that's why we're best friends 5ever. Because 5ever is longer than 4ever.
xo
Hannah
PS: This video just makes me laugh. It's one of those memories you want to hold onto for as long as you can. After all, it is the the small things that complete your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment