"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, January 4, 2013

Ravioli Makin'

Last weekend, my grandparents came down to spend the weekend with us. Grammy is full-blooded Italian (my mother would gladly say that I inherited her Italian temper) and an outstanding chef. She brought her pasta maker and ravioli maker and we made ravioli! It was so so much fun, and I am now the master;) My mom even bought me a pasta maker and ravioli maker so I could make it for the family.

We got all of our ingredients, put on our aprons, and turned up the Italian radio on Pandora and started the fun! 
She just LOVES having her picture taken!
Dough rising
Great Nan's "gravy" on the stove
All hands on deck! Cousins came over to help.


This wasn't even all of it!
Drying

Pasta made with the scraps
I could be a professional pasta photographer;)
I sadly did not get a picture of the final product. But man alive, no picture could ever compare to how amazing the taste was! I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy ravioli that is not homemade again! I just loved this entire afternoon. There is nothing like a warm kitchen, full of family, with flour on the counter, ravioli's being filled, and opera in the background. It's the small things in life.

xo
Hannah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment