"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY Easy French Mani

As much as I love fun, colorful designs on my nails, there is just something about the timeless, classic french manicure that I love. However, my nails are not very long and the only way I used to be able to have a french manicure was by going to the salon, and let's face it, no one wants to spend that kind of money.

Last week, I cut my finger and all day long at school, when I looked at the bandage on my finger, I just saw the perfect curve at the end and how it would be the perfect shape to form a french tip.  Of course, as soon as I got home, I tried. And you know what? It was the easiest thing. Ever.

 1. Gather your supplies. You will need five bandages. I don't know how well fabric bandages work, I recommend plastic, sheer bandages.

 2. Cut them in half, so you have ten halves. Apply base coat and let dry.

3. Place the bandage on your finger, covering the part you don't want to be painted white. Paint a thin white layer covering the tip.

4. When paint is not completely wet, or completely dry, slowly peel off bandage to reveal a flawless french tip.

5. Continue with the rest of your fingers, and apply top coat. Admire your perfectly painted french manicure!
(Excuse my dry fingers!)

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment