"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, January 28, 2013

Orange Ginger "Tea"

For the past three weeks, I've been having this constant headache. It's dull and achey and then, at times will spike and is completely wretched. Ibproufen doesn't really help, so I've tried a few other natural remedies, such as...
  • massaging peppermint oil on my temples
  • adding more magnesium and feverfew to my daily vitamin regimen (I already take a multivitamin, biotin, iron, calcium, zinc, fish oil, and riboflavin)
  • earlier bedtimes and less screen time
  • hot showers
  • more caffeine
  • lots and lots of water (I drink around 5-6 Camelbacks a day)
However, my latest remedy was a ginger orange "tea". Ginger is especially helpful to reducing headaches.

This is a simple, yummy hot drink that alleviates pain, and is great to drink when 'cleansing'. It's got a light, simple taste, that is refreshing and clean.

Orange Ginger "Tea"

All you need is...

one mug of hot water
half an orange, sliced
a knob of ginger
honey/agave nectar
1/4 tsp of cinnamon sugar

Step 1) Peel ginger. Press/crush into hot water. If you have a pestle, you can use that by placing the ginger at the bottom of the mug, and crushing it to release the flavor and 'juice'. I used a garlic press and it worked wonders to get out every last bit of ginger 'juice'!

Step 2) Squeeze in however much orange you want. I used two slices, it's all about how much you want.

Step 3) Top off with just a dash of cinnamon sugar, and some honey or agave nectar if you like a sweeter drink (I do!) Stir and enjoy!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment