I know what you're thinking.
"Secret Santa? In January? Hannah, we know you love Christmas, but really?"
Every year, my friends and I do Secret Santa. Towards the last week of November, we draw names and exchange gifts each week in December. The final week, we have a party and the gifts are a little bit bigger and nicer. It is always so much fun! In order to keep who I had a secret, I aited until now to finally blog about. This year, Mackenzie and I simply worked together, by helping each other find gifts for each of our people. I had Maddison, and Mack had Riley. For the next few weeks, we played it sly on who we had (it's usually pretty easy to figure out who has who after the first time). We did all sorts of things to confuse them. We both made cookies the first week- I gave Mackenzie one of the cookies I made for Maddison for her to eat in front of Maddison, and Mackenzie baked cookies Riley knew I had made. I once told Riley I would pick her up to go shopping at Target for SS, but had completely forgot that she thought I had her, so the trip ended up being two, as I went back after bringing home Riley. She told me all sorts of things we wanted when we were there, she totally thought I was her Santa!
It was so much fun, sneaking around, putting presents in lockers and looking forward to Fridays to open your locker and find a gift!
Finally, in January, we were all able to get together for our party and reveal. We had a fabulous potluck, played Apples to Apples, and sang our hearts out.
Jessica was my Santa, and I have to take a moment and recognize how awesome she was!
The first week, I got two boxes of Twix and Kit Kat, my favorite! Oh, and it was wrapped in newspaper- I have ALWAYS wanted a gift wrapped in newspaper!
The second week, I got a scarf that I love! I love the color, and the little bit of sparkle with the silver polka dots (gosh, I just love polka dots too!)
The third week, I got a box of 15 nail polishes. FIFTEEN! All wintery colors that I adore. I've worn almost every color now!
And for my final present, Jessica just nailed it! My crazy cat lady shirt, a chevron pillow with my monogram (that she made! Way to be crafty Jess!) and "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks", a book she knows I would love (it's even autographed by Jess with her annotations!).
Jessica, thank you so much! You sure do know me!
Jessica, Riley, and Mackenzie also gave us the coolest gift ever- a picture frame that has a baby picture of us, and a picture of us now, looking just great. Each of ours has a picture of our six bet friends. I will forever cherish it!
| Sorry for the horrible quality, I just snapped on real quick with my phone. One day, I'll post a better one! |
I can't wait to see who I get next year! It is always so much fun to pick, choose, and make things you think your friend will like, and it's always real fun to receive things your friends choose for you. We decided that we'll keep this going, even in college, we'll just send things to each other! Just thinking of college makes me crazy! It's coming up way too fast! But that's a post for another day. :)
xo
Hannah
hahahahah "culture" very in depth
ReplyDelete